• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Tropical Hurricane Dorian

Euro has 50mph gusts back to myself, rain cold and metwannabe 40 to the rdu airport and we keep those for about 12 hours. Wind gusts along the coast of well over 100 mph. Ouch

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
I've noticed that the Euro overdoes winds, both sustained and gusts. Even so, I still think this misses east. Maybe we get a little breezy with some high clouds -- a nice autumn day.

06z EPS shifts west, mean still offshore but this isn't settled by no means....

I will say there is less spread though

edit: Instead of deleting I will just edit to say I mistakenly compared it to the 18z eps, it did shift west from that but overall very similar to the 0z eps.

Last edited:
06z EPS shifts west, mean still offshore but this isn't settled by no means....
I didn’t want to be the bearer of bad news by saying it last night, but I have been concerned that we might get some shift corrections back west. How much? I don’t know, enough to have a landfall somewhere along the SE coast regardless. My confidence is still low, but I’m still in the camp that Dorian will make an “official” landfall somewhere rather than outright OTS if it maintains or gains forward speed today that’s gonna be a problem.

Well the good news is the NHC is on the western side of guidance, so probably expect to see continued adjustments east with their track.... but let's see what today brings.

1567258550039.png

I've noticed that the Euro overdoes winds, both sustained and gusts. Even so, I still think this misses east. Maybe we get a little breezy with some high clouds -- a nice autumn day.
All I'm saying is when you take a hurricane from the mouth of the cape fear to morehead city that's generally a recipe for 40-50 mph gusts in our area.

As for east vs west, I'm favoring west its hard to imagine a storm getting west of 75 and not hitting the nc coast

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Is some similarities between this past hurricane and Dorian. If the trough to the north slowed and was a little further west.

compday.91LDcBxnv3.gif

14-km EPS Global North America 500 hPa Height Anom 90.png

Back