• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Tropical Hurricane Dorian

Amazing, just ride the coast line
27f059b3644ef876b109a9b074d63d82.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
That looks almost identical to Ukmet 12z.... trend setter.

Amazing, just ride the coast line
27f059b3644ef876b109a9b074d63d82.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
While its not as bad as the system plowing directly over head that track would cause problems in our area. Looks very similar to the runs ahead of Matthew

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

This is nuts right now. Can we bring back the GFDL of the 2000's please?

Yep, this is crazy. I mean it'll be great if we end up OTS but it'll be two major busts on the same storm if so by most of the models. First on the track/strength (getting killed off in Hispaniola) and then this storm slowing down so much that it possibly gets picked up by a trough and stays OTS outside the islands.

Dorian is shedding a lot of fat. It's gradually starting to look more symmetrical overall. It's always amazing how rapidly these storms evolve in a matter of hours, 10 hrs ago I thought it still looked like crap.
I agree it looked horrible earlier. Now it's trying to become more symmetrical and the eye is next to a perfect circle. The eye also seems to be shrinking some now which either means it's about to RI again or undergo another ERC

While its not as bad as the system plowing directly over head that track would cause problems in our area. Looks very similar to the runs ahead of Matthew

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
Good memory....found this posted 4 days prior. And then it actually looked like the 2nd pic. The biggest difference between Dorian and Matthew may be angle of approach...Matthew came from the south.

094542w5_nl_sm.gif
MatthewStormHistory.png

A part of myself that I don’t understand is a feeling of disappointment that it *seems* Dorian may head OTS. Nothing in stone for sure... And I NEVER want deaths, etc... but for some reason I am completely riveted watching a major come ashore. I always feel weird about it.

There's 100% less swimming with this one for me, but how come it looks like it floods higher farther away from the coast than on the front side of the islands?

That whole area is mostly islands that are split up by multiple rivers that feed into the ocean, the places near the ocean are designed to handle the amount of water better than just west of them where those rivers flood very easily

A part of myself that I don’t understand is a feeling of disappointment that it *seems* Dorian may head OTS. Nothing in stone for sure... And I NEVER want deaths, etc... but for some reason I am completely riveted watching a major come ashore. I always feel weird about it.
Easily cured ... come spend a weekend with one (but buy a piece of property in the neighborhood beforehand to get the full antidote) ...

I feel the same way and I’m sure we are not alone feeling this way. Scary and dangerous is addicting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It is the extreme nature of well nature. If you are a weather nerd you want to see the most extreme weather possible. If you could have a Cat5 hit a island built with no other purpose except to see absolute power it would be great. Its the same thing as loving military planes and equipment. The A10 and its 30mm gun are terrifingly awesome, but at the same time that plane is designed to kill, and kill it has.

Last edited:
Just spent $250.00 at Publix this afternoon to make sure the wife and I (and my 82 year old next door neighbor) have emergency rations for 7 days; had $2.00 left in change so I bought a Lottery scratch off ... just did it and won $10.00 ... guarantees no 'Cane ... :oops:

Back