• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Tropical Hurricane Delta (Post landfall & inland effects)

I wouldn’t be surprised to see SPC expand the marginal risk into Georgia for tomorrow. Some hi-res models have some solid looking storms moving through. There also may be some solid rain totals if a few storms move over the same areas.View attachment 50086
SPC went a little farther then I thought putting Atlanta and west in a slight risk for today. Could be an interesting afternoon/evening.9F9EA499-3F09-473D-85F6-A4B67FD7065B.gifDF2EB679-97C6-47A5-B55A-DA682B6DEEC8.gif

Models still on board with the idea of isolated tornadoes this afternoon over parts of GA and AL. I think the greatest threat would be the near the GA/AL boarder this afternoon, but the more discrete cells the HRRR show look interesting, so I wouldn’t be surprised to see something on the east half either, but shear is less there.
19411AE3-D22A-455F-8B09-72DEF700A96E.jpeg

964E36B2-25EA-49BD-A1FA-C948D827FD54.jpeg

Models still on board with the idea of isolated tornadoes this afternoon over parts of GA and AL. I think the greatest threat would be the near the GA/AL boarder this afternoon, but the more discrete cells the HRRR show look interesting, so I wouldn’t be surprised to see something on the east half either, but shear is less there.
View attachment 50129

View attachment 50128
It’s been foggy and misty all morning, might be too stable here unless things start to change fast.

It’s been foggy and misty all morning, might be too stable here unless things start to change fast.
I have watching the dew point back home the last few hours and noticing that it is slowing increasing. I have also been watching the SBCAPE and it seems to rising to the north.
Current SBCAPE:3C297CC7-EEEE-4B47-9754-1AE0ACC3F338.jpeg
4 hours from now it has this:D0B38B2B-AD6B-46AC-BCCF-2BB3AD4B1040.jpeg
If something will happen I would suspect That clearing would start in the next 1-2 hours. Regardless the highest threat for anything would be to your west.

One thing that makes me kinda interested about today is that the storms should be moving through Georgia during the peak heating hours. Feels like it’s been a while since that happened. Makes me wish I was there.

One thing that makes me kinda interested about today is that the storms should be moving through Georgia during the peak heating hours. Feels like it’s been a while since that happened. Makes me wish I was there.
Very true, as you know well this usually bust for us so let’s hope we can get some bummers today. I’ll be watching and take some awesome pictures like @Myfrotho704_ .

Starting to see some of the cells back in Alabama increasing in rotation a little. Might see some warnings if this trend continues.0DA296A7-FC2F-412B-94D2-4A436E6DBC3F.png

That wedge front is draped right over the CLT metro. The airport is reporting 72 and fog. Where I am at it's 77 with no fog. Going to be interesting to see how this all transpires as for as severe weather goes later on tonight and into tomorrow.

That line is taking forever......
It’s probably going to take a while for it to arrive. Most of the cells within it are moving practically due north with a slight eastward motion. HRRR doesn’t have it passing through until sometime around midnight. The main area to watch East of Atlanta would be any cell that forms out ahead.

Gotta see if the wedge will hold or not further north. My area is at 69 right now while areas further south like Lawrenceville are at 73. I also wonder if the wedge front will act to give a small boost to any storm in the vicinity of it later on.

Those cells developing in eastern Georgia might be trying to rotate a tad.049959FF-393F-4996-9931-BB5A59F388D1.pngCC4FBDAC-D112-4466-AECE-C398B835FAED.png

Keeping an eye on these storms, especially since we are only lacking low level instability. Some breaks in the clouds across that area has allowed temps to reach the mid to upper 70's, with a few 80s.

southmissvly.gif
2020284201222_GOES16-ABI-MESO-01-33N-86W-500x500.jpg

Back