• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern Hotober

The front next week looks good so far. Gfs has been showing this cool down next week for a few days now. This 18z happy hour run is by far the coldest.

Lots of us will pay to have this rain verify
gfs_mslp_pcpn_frzn_seus_45.png

Last edited:
The front next week looks good so far. Gfs has been showing this cool down next week for a few days now. This 18z happy hour run is by far the coldest.
It’ll be 20+ degrees warmer come verification time! Welcome to fall and winter, and the sucky gfs

There may be hope for october...
The Heatwave Of September 20, 1925
Posted on September 20, 2016 by tonyheller
On this date in 1925, most of the Southeastern US was over 100 degrees, with Georgia reaching 107 degrees. Almost half of the US was over 90 degrees. "
Apparently the heat began early in September when centerville al reached a record of 112 degrees, birmingham was 106, Sept 5 1925.
6 days in a row had 102 or hotter starting on September 3.* 12 days had 100 or hotter in September alone and 2 in August.
After the record breaking hot September in 1925, October 1925 produced record cold and snow over much of the country. -30 F temperatures in Montana and near 0 F in Iowa. In DC, the coldest and snowiest October on record.

Then a record late season hurricane hit from FL to NC in early December.

1569200540045.png

Last edited:
Head can’t take talking in future tense swirling now. Karen here huh pumpkin spice stop right now

Last 24 hours of model runs...the good, the bad, and the ugly. Cold coming then not but maybe more rain?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last 24 hours of model runs...the good, the bad, and the ugly. Cold coming then not but maybe more rain?

Despite the GFS (not unexpectedly) backing off on the cold front passage next week, it does have a nice treat at the very end of its run.

For what it’s worth at hour 240 12z GFS, we have a better cold press.

Rapidly losing its punch and moisture as it get to Georgia...probably a dry wedge event coming.

Back