• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Learning Global Warming facts and fiction

Status
Not open for further replies.
This tells a different tale not that the one you posted says much.

f0a8d912555870b0f48d146a55bb6037.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This tells a different tale not that the one you posted says much.

f0a8d912555870b0f48d146a55bb6037.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Well my source is the Greenland Polar Portal, what is yours? Also can you honestly say the amount of blue on this map does not exceed the amount of red?

Wow look at the sea ice go. Not only has melt just about stopped, but if current trends hold we could be approaching early 2000s ice extent levels. The melting seems to be halting a few weeks early and models are forecasting BN temps up there next few weeks.
View attachment 88722
View attachment 88723
Yeah that is surprising but we will likely continue to have melting until around Sept 10th

Yeah that is surprising but we will likely continue to have melting until around Sept 10th

Possibly, but we’ve already had an early extent gain today and yesterday’s numbers only saw 2k in extent loss which is tiny. If the below normal temperatures verify as modeled, the losses may be just about done or very very minimal. Certainly a big change compared with last year.

Also of note we are seeing some big increases in volume, back to 2010 levels and a big increase over last year. This is IMO even more important for the health of the sea ice than extent.

1629416416458.gif

Summit Camp Greenland saw some very warm temps this summer. Near freezing levels at times. Not saying it means anything, but it seemed rather unusual for that locality.

Okay I did some reading and there is definitely no correlation other than more urban areas means more burning of fossil fuels but nothing to do with the UHI effect I was wrong to assume they did have correlation

Does anyone remember Bastardi's argument that rising oceanic heat would lead to salt rising to the surface, which in return would get heavy and sink back down which would cause global temps to crash again?

Cool . Goes to show that weather will do what weather will do . Regardless of “ globull worming”. Records are decently long as well, back to 1957 !
Still feels like a small sample size. Before i declare global warming Id like to see 300 to 400 years of global temp data.

As Ive said before, my grandfather was born in 1902 and he'd always tell me how cold it was growing up while his grandfather told him of how hot it was. Evidently, according to them, you'd have to assume weather has temp cycles.

Still feels like a small sample size. Before i declare global warming Id like to see 300 to 400 years of global temp data.

As Ive said before, my grandfather was born in 1902 and he'd always tell me how cold it was growing up while his grandfather told him of how hot it was. Evidently, according to them, you'd have to assume weather has temp cycles.
I love asking old people about historic weather events. I’ve asked lots of old folks about hazel . For the ones in Raleigh they always mention how they went to school in the morning then got stranded in their buses by the afternoon. Epic. One of my clients mentioned how he was playing a holiday inn circuit with his band and were at the holiday inn at Atlantic beach during the late 70s and it snowed 4 inches he said over the beach. Betting it was February 1978 perhaps ? He said beach in snow was awesome , it covered wherever the waves could not reach. Personally I hope to one day tell my kids about the great mPing storm of February 2021 .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back