• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Learning Global Warming facts and fiction

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's the continued one liners like this that are part of the problem of intelligent dialogue. Please, reread Webber's well thought out and articulate post from last evening. Thanks

Yeah and where did that get him? He might as well have been talking to a wall.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hmmmm got quiet all of a sudden. Where’s snowlover at? I hope he’s ok.

Hmmmm got quiet all of a sudden. Where’s snowlover at? I hope he’s ok.

Spending time with the family. 30 years will come fast. I need to run to Costco and prepare. Also going to watch 2012 and the day after Tomorrow to learn a few tips.

The result of what. If you mean inaction see the video above.

At the beach, but I will watch it when I get back home. I'm sure I can guess the nature of what it will show based on the title.

The result of what. If you mean inaction see the video above.

Im curious, what do you do to play your part in staving off the coming AGW doom?

It seems to me, too many people would rather go to their doom being right talking abour sonething than actually being an example. Ah such is the ways of man.

Im curious, what do you do to play your part in staving off the coming AGW doom?

It seems to me, too many people would rather go to their doom being right talking abour sonething than actually being an example. Ah such is the ways of man.

I live in an energy efficient town house at 2100 sq ft and only use about 940kwh at most during the summer. We have a nuclear plant here so solar wouldn’t affect my carbon foot print. I would love to have an electric car but can’t afford it right now.

I live in an energy efficient town house at 2100 sq ft and only use about 940kwh at most during the summer. We have a nuclear plant here so solar wouldn’t affect my carbon foot print. I would love to have an electric car but can’t afford it right now.

Most AGW adherents think Nuclear power is as bad as Fossil fuels. Plus you mentioned how much more an electric car is, hmmm so you do understand the economic impact of tying ourselves to a policy of doing away with fossil fuels? Wind farms kill millions of birds and tie up enormous parcels of land as do solar power mirrors. Let's just go back to horses to get our transportation, oops, too much horse flatulance of CO2 and Methane so that is out too. Unless and until we can create an engine using fusion or some other yet undiscovered source, we will have to continue using those dirty fossil fuels

b6fca5cf75a20e1d38d3589dd90fbc29.jpg

Dude, Issa weather forecast, it doesn’t really prove shiiii, sure it may be AB, but rn on earth there may be a area BN, so resorting to this and extreme words is unnecessary af, and it’s embarrassing, imagine a new person coming on here and seeing shii like this, they wouldn’t want to say a word on here, because experience from other social media

Solar is probably the most efficient means of powering our lives but it will be extremely expensive and time consuming to do the conversions. Probably a combo of hydro, solar, electromagnetic and nuclear would be possible in 50 years or so but will require a commitment of a Manhattan Project like proportion by our society. Heck we can't even agree on whether we want to stay a capitalistic society in the USA let alone an unparalleled and single mindedness of purpose like it will require

The energy efficient house is great, I still have a way to go in house improvement.

That said I dont see how getting power of a nuclear plant resolves you from doing much more. Nuclear plants require many employees driving back and forth creating greenhouse gases. They also need massive amounts of water to keep cool along with the eventual toxic waste.

How do you get your food? Do you grow any? Do you have to drive to the supermarket to get it? That food also has to be trucked or flown in and dont forget the emmission spewing tractors needed to farm it.

If you cant afford a electric car, you need to farther cut down on your energy use. The luxury of the AC and water heater can go, as can vacations, cell phones which require rare earth materials. Are your clothes made in China? That is even more greenhouses gases.

Now of course, im being factitious and anal, but hey with doomsday on the line can we be caught doing too little?

Most AGW adherents think Nuclear power is as bad as Fossil fuels. Plus you mentioned how much more an electric car is, hmmm so you do understand the economic impact of tying ourselves to a policy of doing away with fossil fuels? Wind farms kill millions of birds and tie up enormous parcels of land as do solar power mirrors. Let's just go back to horses to get our transportation, oops, too much horse flatulance of CO2 and Methane so that is out too. Unless and until we can create an engine using fusion or some other yet undiscovered source, we will have to continue using those dirty fossil fuels

We can just ignore it and let nature take care of it for us by collapsing civilization and killing most of us off or we can do something about it.

Dude, Issa weather forecast, it doesn’t really prove shiiii, sure it may be AB, but rn on earth there may be a area BN, so resorting to this and extreme words is unnecessary af, and it’s embarrassing, imagine a new person coming on here and seeing shii like this, they wouldn’t want to say a word on here, because experience from other social media

I could care less.

Solar is probably the most efficient means of powering our lives but it will be extremely expensive and time consuming to do the conversions. Probably a combo of hydro, solar, electromagnetic and nuclear would be possible in 50 years or so but will require a commitment of a Manhattan Project like proportion by our society. Heck we can't even agree on whether we want to stay a capitalistic society in the USA let alone an unparalleled and single mindedness of purpose like it will require

More like a WWII like mobilization.

I could care less.

So you're just pushing aside criticism from others that makes perfect sense to keep fueling your unchanged mind? Seems like you've got some agenda to make yourself seem like you're 100% correct that we are all going to die tomorrow because another cow farted. Unless you're trying to start something which is even more frowned upon. Open your mind and accept criticism with valid points instead of just saying "I don't care about what you've got to say, I'm right."

So you're just pushing aside criticism from others that makes perfect sense to keep fueling your unchanged mind? Seems like you've got some agenda to make yourself seem like you're 100% correct that we are all going to die tomorrow because another cow farted. Unless you're trying to start something which is even more frowned upon. Open your mind and accept criticism with valid points instead of just saying "I don't care about what you've got to say, I'm right."

Lets just agree to disagree. I really don’t care to change anyones mind because it wont happen in here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back