• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Learning Global Warming facts and fiction

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, the ones that are frequently quoted, talking about the oceans rising by this or that date or the ice caps melting by this or that date or the end of the four seasons or the biggest threat to our existence or....

Those people. And there are many.

You need to listen to James Hansen who has been spot on starting from way back in 1988 and Micheal Mann. There are other good ones as well but those are the main two that I would pay attention to.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You need to listen to James Hansen who has been spot on starting from way back in 1988 and Micheal Mann. There are other good ones as well but those are the main two that I would pay attention to.

I hope you have not been waiting for this to happen since 1988.

PBS and the UN? Are you serious. As for Michael Mann, this guy has so many errors in his hockey stick reconstructions he should not be taken seriously by anyone. James Hansen has not been right about anything related to Global Warming and his predictions show that clearly. If you want serious scientists who have dissenting views, read Richard Lindzen, Judith Curry, John Christy, Roy Spencer, Lennaert Bengtsson and others.

Last edited:
The Alarmists don't have a plan. In two decades, I haven't seen a detailed outline of socioeconomic and environmental policies that will make a real impact while addressing the concerns of blue collar workers affected by the transition away from fossil fuels. I haven't seen anything in the Biden infrastructure bill other than a hodgepodge of programs that will provide tax payer dollars to contractors and government employees to pursue undefined goals. It's just the government picking winners and losers similar to I think the 2008 stimulus package that provided funds to campaign donors who then misappropriated it. Solyndra comes to mind.

In 2020, we were on track to increase our renewable energies to over 20% of all sources. A main contributor for stimulating the renewable industry was the Trump tax cut providing incentives to solar, wind, and EV, as well as the access to minerals that could be locally mined in the United States (UAMY lawsuit comes to mind). Alarmists are on the side that is currently fighting these companies, even though politicians in other countries are opening up mines due to supply-chain issues. The other issue is natural gas. Australia is building a pipeline. Europe is building a pipeline with Russia. We decided to shutdown construction even though the US is experiencing sever supply-chain issues throughout electronics, energy, and every thing else. We have to get superconductors from China and Africa, and they're squeezing manufacturers that make EVs. The private sector was actually making headway.

The Alarmists don't have a plan. In two decades, I haven't seen a detailed outline of socioeconomic and environmental policies that will make a real impact while addressing the concerns of blue collar workers affected by the transition away from fossil fuels. I haven't seen anything in the Biden infrastructure bill other than a hodgepodge of programs that will provide tax payer dollars to contractors and government employees to pursue undefined goals. It's just the government picking winners and losers similar to I think the 2008 stimulus package that provided funds to campaign donors who then misappropriated it. Solyndra comes to mind.

In 2020, we were on track to increase our renewable energies to over 20% of all sources. A main contributor for stimulating the renewable industry was the Trump tax cut providing incentives to solar, wind, and EV, as well as the access to minerals that could be locally mined in the United States (UAMY lawsuit comes to mind). Alarmists are on the side that is currently fighting these companies, even though politicians in other countries are opening up mines due to supply-chain issues. The other issue is natural gas. Australia is building a pipeline. Europe is building a pipeline with Russia. We decided to shutdown construction even though the US is experiencing sever supply-chain issues throughout electronics, energy, and every thing else. We have to get superconductors from China and Africa, and they're squeezing manufacturers that make EVs. The private sector was actually making headway.
Boom!

There's a laundry list of extreme weather event's in the last few years that can't be accounted for by chance.

No one is saying the planet is not warming.. I haven't heard one person deny that it is warming. But what you failed to understand is there are cycles. It is very short-sighted. And instead of you doing your real research you just leave it up to the big government to tell you what to do.

No one is saying the planet is not warming.. I haven't heard one person deny that it is warming. But what you failed to understand is there are cycles. It is very short-sighted. And instead of you doing your real research you just leave it up to the big government to tell you what to do.
Name one time in history where big government has hurt anyone.

They act like the private sector is not interested in a sustainable society. We rely on GDP, healthy agriculture, etc. Our lives depend on a functioning society. All the government needs is tax revenue. To say one side doesn't care is fallacy. You are right, the private sector in heavily vested in making things better, we have to in order to maintain relevancy in the marketplace.

They act like the private sector is not interested in a sustainable society. We rely on GDP, healthy agriculture, etc. Our lives depend on a functioning society. All the government needs is tax revenue. To say one side doesn't care is fallacy. You are right, the private sector in heavily vested in making things better, we have to in order to maintain relevancy in the marketplace.
I disagree , the private sectors purpose is to make money. Progress is a side affect of them trying to make money, if they make money destroying the environment then that is what they would do. All you have to do is look to third word countries to know that the private sector is not invested in the long term and very shortsighted . Look at the amazon , look at what Haiti did etc . They destroyed the resources that made them money, very short sighted . The private sector cares where it benefits them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back