• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Learning Global Warming facts and fiction

Status
Not open for further replies.
They have been predicting an ice free arctic in 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019. Sooner or later, they may get it right, perhaps by 2065?

They have been predicting an ice free arctic in 1912, 1913, 1914, 1915, 1916, 1917, 1918 ... >>> ... 2019. Sooner or later, they may get it right, perhaps by 2525?

In the year 2525
If man is still alive
If woman can survive
They may find-

Last edited:
This a possible breakthrough on the AGW front. No need to cut private jets from the Elite just yet.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/tech...thane-emissions-by-half/ar-AADR9tZ?li=BBnbcA1
I'm curious to see how this plays out moving forward..... it's really got to be a conundrum for some, I mean we should only eat organic foods and no genetically altered proteins but this is genetically altering hmmmm. Well, we should all be vegetarians and let the animals live but then we have way too many farting cows..... what to do what to do.

I'm curious to see how this plays out moving forward..... it's really got to be a conundrum for some, I mean we should only eat organic foods and no genetically altered proteins but this is genetically altering hmmmm. Well, we should all be vegetarians and let the animals live but then we have way too many farting cows..... what to do what to do.

What will happen is they will modify genetically or through using hybrids a cow that does what they say. It will cut emmissions by 50% and only be 25% smaller and thus be a win! Yet it will never occur to them that the trucking, feeding and processing of the extra animals will result in a net gain of GHGs in the end.

Mark it down.

1562343482463.png
1562343496319.png

1562343420045.png
1562343372808.png

the Arctic will be ice-free in the summer of 2013
– John Kerry, US Secretary of State

John Kerry: We Can’t Ignore the Security Threat from Climate Change
Because climate change in the Arctic region is occurring faster and to a greater extent than anywhere else, the Arctic Ocean may be ice-free for a short period of time as early as the summer of 2015, according to the 2009 Arctic Marine Shipping Assessment Report completed by the eight Arctic Council Nations.
http://www.theepochtimes.com/

View attachment 20793
View attachment 20794

View attachment 20792
View attachment 20791

the Arctic will be ice-free in the summer of 2013
– John Kerry, US Secretary of State

John Kerry: We Can’t Ignore the Security Threat from Climate Change
Because climate change in the Arctic region is occurring faster and to a greater extent than anywhere else, the Arctic Ocean may be ice-free for a short period of time as early as the summer of 2015, according to the 2009 Arctic Marine Shipping Assessment Report completed by the eight Arctic Council Nations.
http://www.theepochtimes.com/

2012 was pretty close with only 3 million cubic km left. At the current 3 million cubic km loss per decade it could be anytime now and once it does happen it will self perpetuate and become permanent within a few years wreaking havoc on the climate.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

These “ice free summer” predictions have been going on since the early 1900s and will continu to be wrong.

I have a question for BHS1975. You see how poorly our seasonal models are at predicting temp patterns a few months in advance. Why in the world would you trust something they say about the future 20+ years in advance when they can’t even get snow storms right 3 days in advance or the well BN winter we were supposed to have that never verified this past year?

Now here’s a thought provoking question for everyone. What impact would an ice free arctic actually have, both positive and negative? I assume it would probably open up some new shipping routes? Winters might be less harsh which would extend growing seasons for crops and other things?

2012 was pretty close with only 3 million cubic km left. At the current 3 million cubic km loss per decade it could be anytime now and once it does happen it will self perpetuate and become permanent within a few years wreaking havoc on the climate.

The Arctic has been ice free in the past and it obviously fixed itself since we have ice there now. All without human intervention.

The Arctic has been ice free in the past and it obviously fixed itself since we have ice there now. All without human intervention.
Yeah that was going to be my next comment, according to reports (and depending on which one's you read), the arctic was ice free a million years ago or 2.6 million or anyway it's been ice free before. AND most reports don't know really know what caused it then they only know that what's causing it now is "us" and we must stop it at all cost. Because you know the world has survived for billions of years through ice ages, ice free arctic, dinosaurs, who knows what else but this time will surely spell doom for all mankind.

These “ice free summer” predictions have been going on since the early 1900s and will continu to be wrong.

I have a question for BHS1975. You see how poorly our seasonal models are at predicting temp patterns a few months in advance. Why in the world would you trust something they say about the future 20+ years in advance when they can’t even get snow storms right 3 days in advance or the well BN winter we were supposed to have that never verified this past year?

Now here’s a thought provoking question for everyone. What impact would an ice free arctic actually have, both positive and negative? I assume it would probably open up some new shipping routes? Winters might be less harsh which would extend growing seasons for crops and other things?
I had a professor in college in 1992, tell us that Rocky Mount, NC would be ocean front property in our lifetime...... well I'll reserve judgment since I'm still here but it has a long way to go to get there.

Last edited:
Yeah that was going to be my next comment, according to reports (and depending on which one's you read), the arctic was ice free a million years ago or 2.6 million or anyway it's been ice free before. AND most reports don't know really know what caused it then they only know that what's causing it now is "us" and we must stop it at all cost. Because you know the world has survived for billions of years through ice ages, ice free arctic, dinosaurs, who knows what else but this time will surely spell doom for all mankind.

The earth has but civilization may not. The jet stream would be severely disrupted causing even more severe droughts, floods and heatwaves than we already have.

The earth has but civilization may not. The jet stream would be severely disrupted causing even more severe droughts, floods and heatwaves than we already have.

How do you know this would be the outcome and that the earth wouldn’t be more stable? Mankind has always adapted to changes in the earth and weather and I have no doubt that will continue to be the case. We don’t have mass droughts, heat waves or floods that kill hundreds or thousands of people in developed countries anymore like we had in the past.

How Many Buffalo Were There? Estimates of bison numbers vary from 30 to 75 million. 50,000,000 to 60,000,000 are the most common numbers cited as total buffalo population in the early 1800s.

Now that's one hell of a lot of methane and other "poop" wafting into the NCONUS atmosphere ... and wasn't it cold yesteryears ago???

“But but Antarctica is gaining sea ice” nope now it’s losing it fast.

“But but Antarctica is gaining sea ice” nope now it’s losing it fast.

Can you explain to me why sea ice extent steadily increased during 1978-2010 with a peak around 2014 while at the same time CO2 emissions were steadily increasing and Arctic ice was decreasing? And also why sst’s around Antarctica have been cooling not warming? Is man-made global warming responsible for this cooling trend too?

1562369803520.jpeg

I would say cooling from all the meltwater injection just like off the southern tip if Greenland.

I would say cooling from all the meltwater injection just like off the southern tip if Greenland.

So ice extent increased from 1978-2014 from melting ice while Antarctica and the surrounding ocean was cooling down? And why did Antarctica shift from a warming trend to a cooling one when according to AGW it should be warming up not cooling? Also, I am talking about Antarctica, Greenland is in the Northern Hemisphere and meltwater from it would have 0 effect on Antarctica.

Recent analysis (Turner et al., 2016) has shown that the regionally stacked temperature record for the last three decades has shifted from a warming trend of 0.32 °C/decade during 1979–1997 to a cooling trend of − 0.47 °C/decade during 1999–2014.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back