• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Learning Global Warming facts and fiction

Status
Not open for further replies.
“Japan’s deadly heatwave would have been impossible without climate change”

https://qz.com/1631466/climate-chan...e-scientists-prove/?utm_source=YPL&yptr=yahoo

“The relatively new method, lead author Yukkiko Imada told Climate Home News, sought to pin down the causality of climate change in the heatwave by simulating 18 climate scenarios with and without the current 1C global warming above pre-industrial levels.”
————————————————————————
The above heatwave was from July of 2018. They hit a whopping 106 F in a country surrounded closely by water!
Mind you, this is all happening despite the sun’s radiation being relatively weak over the prior 12 years or so due to the current and prior low sunspot cycles. I had previously been repeatedly posting in various forums back to about the early 2010s that I was open-minded and wanted to see if the global temp were to drop back some by the late 2010s due to these two weak solar cycles, thus allowing for lag, due largely to indirect effects such as increased cosmic rays reaching Earth thus causing increased cooling cloudiness. I was even labeled a “denier” over at you no where just for being open-minded. (I still hate that term as it is too simplistic and mean-spirited. What’s wrong with open-mindedness? I’m so glad I stopped posting there a few years ago.)

But here we are in 2019 amidst a second weak solar minimum with still no sign of global cooling and instead record heat in various places on the globe. I had been hoping that the bulk of 1950+ warming was caused by the most active 50 year period of sunspots in hundreds and possibly thousands of years. For me to be convinced of that, I had to see cooling by about now from the weak sun that started around 2007. Instead of cooling, I’m seeing the opposite. Therefore, I’m just about ready to give up on the late 20th century sun possibly being a prime driver of GW. Like Clara asked in the old Wendy’s commercials, “Where’s the beef?”

*Edited

Last edited:
Big news out of Toyota today the new EV models are coming out years in advanced. Demand is growing.

Big news out of Toyota today the new EV models are coming out years in advanced. Demand is growing.

EV's are bad for biosphere toxicity. Growing contamination of earth, water and air is much more serious than global warming. I expect the debate to take center stage over global warming as it's too late and impractical to reverse the warming. Time to start adapting to the new reality. We can't adapt to toxicity, though. That's why it's more serious.

EV's are bad for biosphere toxicity. Growing contamination of earth, water and air is much more serious than global warming. I expect the debate to take center stage over global warming as it's too late and impractical to reverse the warming. Time to start adapting to the new reality. We can't adapt to toxicity, though. That's why it's more serious.
Socratic at the very least ... ;)

Things change, and change again, and will do so once more someday ...

View attachment 20428View attachment 20429View attachment 20430View attachment 20431

... but not to worry ... we won't be around to witness it ...

Did you watch the video? The models are lagging behind observed sea level rise. In other words it could be much higher than expected and rise much quicker.

bc12e0810efb05d2910a1439d086e30b.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Did you watch the video? The models are lagging behind observed sea level rise. In other words it could be much higher than expected and rise much quicker.

bc12e0810efb05d2910a1439d086e30b.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Meanwhile...

Over the past decades, atoll islands exhibited no widespread sign of physical destabilization in the face of sea-level rise. 88.6% of islands were either stable or increased in area, while only 11.4% contracted. It is noteworthy that no island larger than 10 ha decreased in size. These results show that atoll and island areal stability is a global trend, whatever the rate of sea-level rise.”- Duvat, 2019 https://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/full/10.1002/wcc.557

Just gonna throw this in here.

https://realclimatescience.com/2019/06/tampering-past-the-tipping-point/

There is tons of evidence of data tampering and sneaky use of averages and starting years to make warming look vastly worse than it may be. This article shows the complete erasing of the Medieval Warm period in recent studies and also just plain data tampering by NASA and the likes. Is this true? We cant really say for sure but it sure looks like it haha.

Hard to believe something when you cant trust the "official" sources of info.
2019-06-24060437_shadow-1.jpg

Not to mention "climate change" is and has been a political topic for years and even more so now. We all know politics is not known for upstanding and correct data lol. Its now the climate agenda rather than trying to understand what is happening to our planet. Its a democrat vs republican argument with both sides desperate to discredit the other. Of course they will find any data they can and not question its accuracy. If it supports them and tears their opponents down they are using it.

Last edited:
Just gonna throw this in here.

https://realclimatescience.com/2019/06/tampering-past-the-tipping-point/

There is tons of evidence of data tampering and sneaky use of averages and starting years to make warming look vastly worse than it may be. This article shows the complete erasing of the Medieval Warm period in recent studies and also just plain data tampering by NASA and the likes. Is this true? We cant really say for sure but it sure looks like it haha.

Hard to believe something when you cant trust the "official" sources of info.
View attachment 20648

Not to mention "climate change" is and has been a political topic for years and even more so now. We all know politics is not known for upstanding and correct data lol. Its now the climate agenda rather than trying to understand what is happening to our planet. Its a democrat vs republican argument with both sides desperate to discredit the other. Of course they will find any data they can and not question its accuracy. If it supports them and tears their opponents down they are using it.
Funny, I just posted same article after reading it online

Interesting article worth reading. California has a “cap and trade” program that basically taxes companies for their right to emit greenhouse gases. The money was supposed to be used for climate change related efforts but is already being diverted to things that aren’t related and by 2021 all restrictions will be removed on how this money is used.

Again, it’s all about the money. If you don’t believe me read the articles where climate change activists talk about how much money they need to “save the world.” It’s always an astronomical amount and California’s program is already showing that the politicians there aren’t very concerned with saving the world since they’re already bending the rules to use it for non-climate change related projects AND removing restrictions for how it’s used by 2021.

Here is the link.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back