• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Gaming

Reaction score
Who is still trying to get the Nintendo NES besides me?

Anyone play 8 Ball Pool? Share your unique ID # or whatever to play with other weather geeks.

Favorite console and game?

Anyone stream? Link?

WilkesboroDude link said:
Who is still trying to get the Nintendo NES besides me?

Anyone play 8 Ball Pool? Share your unique ID # or whatever to play with other weather geeks.

Favorite console and game?

Anyone stream? Link?

Have a couple NES systems still.  Should be able to find at least a used one at a local flea market or craigslist.
Fave console - SNES - Yoshi's Island or FF7
Used to stream on Twitch, not anymore.

Check out trihex sometimes on twitch if you're bored. he has the world record for yoshi's island and he's a cool guy.

This NES classic is going to drive me insane. My friend got one last week and it just made me want it more.  I've been waking up around 5am and checking target to see if they have any in stock.  Could have made a 30 mile drive yesterday but couldn't make myself do it

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

WAIT WHAT IS THIS BLASPHEMY!

THERE IS A RE-RELEASE? WITH GAMES ON BOARD? FROM NINTENDO?

Google just told me so!  I am buying, now.

Starburst link said:
WAIT WHAT IS THIS BLASPHEMY!

THERE IS A RE-RELEASE? WITH GAMES ON BOARD? FROM NINTENDO?

Google just told me so!  I am buying, now.
Good luck getting one

Nintendo really screwed up with supply and demand on this.  How could they not think that Gen Xers, like myself, wouldn't want the game box that started everything.  Sure, Atari was popular back then too, but everybody and their momma had the original NES.  I saw on twitter that Amazon's video game twitter handle said that there would be a big announcement regarding the NES Mini very soon. So, there's that.

atlantasweetie link said:
Nintendo really screwed up with supply and demand on this.  How could they not think that Gen Xers, like myself, wouldn't want the game box that started everything.  Sure, Atari was popular back then too, but everybody and their momma had the original NES.  I saw on twitter that Amazon's video game twitter handle said that there would be a big announcement regarding the NES Mini very soon. So, there's that.
I saw they said they didn't expect the demand but really having such a low supply isn't a horrible idea since it keeps demand up. I just hope there is a big release of consoles soon. I've seen 12/20 mentioned as a possible date for a bigger supply in the market. 

I saw they said they didn't expect the demand but really having such a low supply isn't a horrible idea since it keeps demand up. I just hope there is a big release of consoles soon. I've seen 12/20 mentioned as a possible date for a bigger supply in the market. 

I see your point, but look at the lost revenue from not having enough supply on hand.  I was on Amazon's site at 4:50pm refreshing the page like crazy just to put one in my cart because Amazon said they were going to start selling the console at 2pm Pacific time.  Within seconds of the page going live, they had sold out (probably due to people using bots to wipe out inventory) and people were already selling the console for ridiculous prices.  I will just wait until I get one.

I researched it.  It's small, and doesn't even take the old cartridges.  I'll pass.  For $40 or so I can use a raspberry pi 3 model b chip and make my own retro video game system (using roms). for most any old console/game ever made.

Here is an example software the chip can have installed to do so: https://retropie.org.uk/

I heard Best Buy will be next to have them in stock stores on the 20th but there will be people camping out for them for sure. Unfortunately the foothills here do not have a Best Buy.

Finally nabbed me a NES Mini via  Amazon's Prime Now.  If you are a Prime member, check Amazon's Twitter account constantly for updates.  Download the Prime Now app and make sure your information is correct.  Good luck friends!

Called the Wilkesboro Walmart today this Christmas Eve and they had 4 NES in stock...time I drove down there hitting 85 on 421 they had already sold out 10mins prior.

I believe the cashier told me FEDEX or whoever brought a total of 10 during a daytime shipment.

Aubighitter link said:
So Xbox one s vs ps4 thoughts?

Depends on what you want to do.  I have an XB1 just hanging out with less than 10 hrs played on it.  Trading it for PS4.

I got a XB1 back in September 2015 and 6 weeks later a week before Halloween I was trading it into Gamestop for store credit towards a PS4. I haven't regretted since. Well, I do regret not being more patient and waiting another month until Black Friday so I could have saved 50 bucks on paying the difference. Oh well, it is what it is.

It really depends on who you play with. My friends I went to high school with are all Xbox so I go that route. Also big/was into Halo.

Still trying to get that NES. I trolled...I mean tested the local forum site in Wilkes and offered one for sale used without actually having one. Got 32 replies so far. Don't believe a 1 console per shipment to Target in Winston-Salem is going to meet the area need. Then again, I am not the CEO of Nintendo.

Back