• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern Freezing Ferocious February

CanSIPS monthlies for Feb...PV is here to stay, or so says the CanSIPS at least.

a0506ec2fe48f1a64099e8f6eddc271f.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nice. Let’s get it about 250-300 miles south, and throw in a couple of 1050 highs for good measure.

:( So happy hour GFS started a new trend with a cutter and it looks like 0z likes the idea. Oh well, will have fun at a friends Superbowl party and only have a drive home in the cold rain.

Anyone have any idea why Matt G in Birmingham wrote the afternoon discussion for Huntsville?
Edit: apparently due to an upgrade, things got broke....smh

Last edited:
^^ That heights map is what I've seen most of the time on the models for February. I wouldn't look at the red, it's a trough but I just wonder if it's enough. If it does go further (which seems possible), if the STJ doesn't wake up it'll be squash city like early January...

Looking that way. Last year I planted in mid March, may hold off till the first of April to be sure we don't see any late cold snaps. Off to buy a new share for the bottom plow.
Top broke my potato patch Saturday. Need to start getting some dry weather in here shortly. They need to be planted very end of Feb or early march

There at almost 4000 ft in elevation near the Atlas Mountains with the same latatude as Valdosta Ga so not really comparable to Phil’s climate.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It hasn't snowed in these locations in at least the last 50 years, that is pretty comparable to central FL's snowfall climatology even if they're at 4000 feet of elevation. I didn't make any other claim that their climate was similar in any other regard other than purely snowfall climatology.

The ECMWF is trying to throw some in northern GA and the Atlanta area a bone with some token flurries on the backside of this oncoming front Friday morning.

View attachment 3664
I'll take a few token flurries at this point, seeing it's something. The ICON is still all aboard on the ZR as well as some snow in some areas.
icon_mslp_pcpn_frzn_seus_26.png
icon_T2m_seus_27.png

Back