• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern Freezing Ferocious February

Good Grief Charlie Brown, colder in Mexico,,,HMMM, not gonna happen...
Yeah, this doesn't look realistic.
gfs_z500a_us_51.png

Hell if I know. Something about the MJO and winds near an all inclusive Pacific beach resort.

Sent from my SM-J320VPP using Tapatalk
Sounds like Webb be sayin, “Ain’t no way the Mjo gettin into the dateline in a Nina, son.” And then Mikey be like, “Slo your role Big Daddy. It ain’t gonna fizzle when it’s rollin strong up top, baby. You ain’t got nothin, and The Rock means NOTHIN to worry about!”

Maybe so but gus statement isn't incorrect

well, there have been signs, just not showing up on the model run he's looking at today. Folks on here look at more of the big picture than he does. I know he knows his stuff, but there are tons of people that can do it the way he does to just show what the GFS op or Euro op show at that time.

well, there have been signs, just not showing up on the model run he's looking at today. Folks on here look at more of the big picture than he does. I know he knows his stuff, but there are tons of people that can do it the way he does to just show what the GFS op or Euro op show at that time.
He also posts the gefs and eps temp outputs as well and both back his statement up of quick cold shots for the next 10 days . There isn't anything that's suggest otherwise

This should be in banter but I want more people to see this so here it goes. I can’t wait to see the same people that are freaking out and screaming winters over to completely flip flop in a few days with colder model runs. They’ll be all excited with a new attitude and you can take that to the bank! Hell its already happened a few times in the last 5 days.

This should be in banter but I want more people to see this so here it goes. I can’t wait to see the same people that are freaking out and screaming winters over to completely flip flop in a few days with colder model runs. They’ll be all excited with a new attitude and you can take that to the bank! Hell its already happened a few times in the last 5 days.

I don’t think anyone reads my posts. I’ve said not to pay attention to day 10 due to low skill and people are posting Day 15-16 maps when there’s absolutely no reason to do so. Seeing 100 posts when less than half are quality is a little annoying. If you want to complain about a 300hr model run output please do so in Banter — that’s what it’s for after all!

Well, I've had some whopper spring storms, that Atl didn't get, so that's something, but the last good cold street sledding type storm was in the 90's, or early this century...I can see us sledding, but I can't place the storm. Thanks for your well wishes! I'm just trying to keep things in perspective for those that think it's going to be all gravy train all the time. In Ga. it's easy to get skunked, and there is not a damn thing you can do about it, but grin and bare it, or move, lol. I've seen my deepest snow down here, and my second worst ice storm, and thankfully, two of my top 5 sleet storms, but lately, not so much. Got an inch from the Xmas snow, and it didn't cover the ground. All the great Atl snows in the last 7 years gave me an inch or less. The lines dissipate as they pull thru here...but eventually the patterns will line up better, and the stuff will come thru here again. Just talked to the friend who went street sledding down the county road with me last time, and we figured that to have been in the late 90's. So the last storm I had that was deep enough, and with enough sleet to make sledding down a country road possible was in the 20 years ago range. I'm going to cry again, I think :)
Talk about being overdue. Wow I would go crazy if I were down in your area.

I don’t think anyone reads my posts. I’ve said not to pay attention to day 10 due to low skill and people are posting Day 15-16 maps when there’s absolutely no reason to do so. Seeing 100 posts when less than half are quality is a little annoying. If you want to complain about a 300hr model run output please do so in Banter — that’s what it’s for after all!
I read your posts. They are always well-reasoned. And optimistic!

Jon,
1000 Likes!
Best,
Phil

I have been reading your posts and agree there should be no big swings of emotions looking past 5 days. You definitely keep things in perspective and provide valuable insight to this board! ;)

I’d still like to see some bit of reliable data somewhere that indicates that some of that Canadian cold will make it down here to the SE and remain for more than a day before hauling a+$$ out before the next pre-frontal band of showers moves in. And not slightly cool anomalies either. I’m talking snow making cold.

Back