• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern Freezing Ferocious February

We'll see, but the NAO has the highest tendency to trend positive it seems. Also blocking does not guarantee a storm. Just weenie hype from my perspective.
All we got is weenie hope! Tomorrow is mid February, and I’m staring at 80 by Thur or Fri possibly! :(

I am taking Thursday off to take advantage of the weather and make a batch of beer. Maybe get some woodworking projects started as well. 18Z ICON looked a little colder for weekend system and happy hour GFS has ice in western NC. Fun spring weather!

3 years ago today...
10993429_777260089048412_525286187116887628_n.png

3 years ago today...
10993429_777260089048412_525286187116887628_n.png

LOL this month was so good (southeast wise in general, not area wise, even considering that my location now was not my location in '15) I think it made most of the SE use up it's February quota for a while. Maybe in 2020...that quota will be empty.

LOL this month was so good (southeast wise in general, not area wise, even considering that my location now was not my location in '15) I think it made most of the SE use up it's February quota for a while. Maybe in 2020...that quota will be empty.
Yes, and when I wished for winter weather in early February that year, I said "just give me one good winter storm, and Duke can win the National Championship for all I care" ... aaannnnnnnnnddd of course, Duke went on to win it that year.

00z GFS is showing MBY some love with two 43 degree wedge rainstorms within a 48 hour period..someone please wake me up when Failing February is over :(

darn Euro teasing me with this NYC snowstorm that probably won't verify :p

Me too. It actually could be borderline snow with a period of decent rates. NAM looks icy. Curious to see what it looks like on RGEM when in range. any NW trend and I am out of the game though. So another very cold rain looks like a good bet.

Me too. It actually could be borderline snow with a period of decent rates. NAM looks icy. Curious to see what it looks like on RGEM when in range. any NW trend and I am out of the game though. So another very cold rain looks like a good bet.

yeah I've been thinking its borderline in NYC but the Euro has heavy snow even south of DC and NYC is sitting right at 31-32 during it

Hmmm

Well if it does snow I'm headed to Central Park :p

Last edited:
Back