• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern Freezing Ferocious February

Now, does January vs. February make a difference?
Good info, in any event!
BTW - after that blast in 1985, it warmed up and pretty well stayed ...

I hope January v/s Feb/March doesn't make a difference. o_O

But yeah, if we can get one more 7-10 day stretch end of February into early March that would be a great way to end winter.

Lol the EPS has no idea what's going on after day 6-7. The EPS also has had a noteworthy +PNA/+EPO bias of late, probably wouldn't be shocked to see a massive ridge go up in Alaska again and reload North America w/ Siberian air. It's another question if we actually get cold thereafter.
eps_pna_bias.png
eps_epo_bias.png

I'm starting to wonder if Atlanta has seen it's last freeze of the season. No freezes forecast through at least Feb 22. I know one year the last freeze was in early February so I guess it's possible.

Honestly, are you for real....Even with the torch of a winter we had last year we had brutal late season HARD freezes...It obliterated some of my Japanese Maples that were already leafing out.....

Last edited:
Now we are getting somewhere
f785c55f05b0272102cca6e676438804.jpg

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Question, what do you all think is the driven force for this winter season -AO, + PNA, MJO, all of above, or other :weenie:.

Should have the question later after the Duke/NC game

I should have put this in banter sorry

Last edited:
So much for the models trending warmer... lmao. Classic post Pacific MJO/SSWE -NAO
Definitely like the drop in the AO. That should help drive cold air down. Also, we are starting to see better looks in the models, with cold air showing up further south over several runs.
ao.sprd2.gif

Back