• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Severe Flooding 2/18-21, 2019

This is definitely a huge concern for those getting the direct hit with such high totals, but the coastal plain areas have to have all of this water pass through their areas before its out to sea. The flat areas cannot handle this type of water coming downstream.
Agree with the analysis, but it hasn't happened yet ... anymore than snow ...

If this much rain comes to fruition next week as forecasted there will be many school systems shut down in our area probably starting next Wednesday. Today we have several school systems closed due to sickness. Add in potential flooding and they could possible use up all the snow days built in. It could be a short Spring break or extended school year for many.

Sent from my XT1710-02 using Tapatalk

10 to 11 inches is down a tad??? I don't even want to talk about what the FV3 is spitting out for us.... I think that model thinks Chattanooga is an Island off the coast of the Atlantic Ocean!

Last edited:
Back