• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Severe Flooding 2/18-21, 2019

12z euro
e5b04a95be2115b587655b56893d0661.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well looks like I'll be making a trip to Lowe's tomorrow. Got to get some work done to try to keep water out of my garage/basement. I start taking on water when I get an inch of rain. I hate to think about what 6in+ will do!

Some of the maps yesterday were for the entire model run ending 3/3. These posted today are ending 2/25. Maybe the reason why you see a substantial drop in totals. I think the overall picture here regardless of the totals modeled & knowing they’re estimated totals, the end of the day a lot of us are going to get a crap ton of rain! I don’t need another 3” but sadly I’m hoping that’s what I get compared to the 7”-10” showing!

Atlanta would dodge any issues with the Euro solutions. While 3.5 inches is a good chunk of rain, it's nothing crazy or unusual.

Another uptick by both the WPC and our local NWS office. Ominous enough as is, and what makes it worse is this is coming in with already saturated soils and elevated river/creek levels.

image6.png

p168i.gif

Man that’s a lot of rainfall. Especially for those of us near the Flint River. Are they still saying Tuesday night into Wednesday, and is it severe or just flooding rain? Sorry to jam so many questions in but damn this makes me nervous.

Man that’s a lot of rainfall. Especially for those of us near the Flint River. Are they still saying Tuesday night into Wednesday, and is it severe or just flooding rain? Sorry to jam so many questions in but damn this makes me nervous.
Probably just flooding rain. The big issue will be the summation of the whole period and not like summer when you see areas getting huge rains in an hour or 2. Over the next 7 days there may be 5 pulses of rain each producing 1-3 inches over a large area, combine that with what is climo highest water table of the year and there is a lot of run off that creates stream and river flooding.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Probably just flooding rain. The big issue will be the summation of the whole period and not like summer when you see areas getting huge rains in an hour or 2. Over the next 7 days there may be 5 pulses of rain each producing 1-3 inches over a large area, combine that with what is climo highest water table of the year and there is a lot of run off that creates stream and river flooding.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
Thank you

Projected rainfall totals across the Memphis/Midsouth region have increased on the 0Z Euro through day 10.

Chattanooga could be in trouble as the surrounding area. Chickamuga Creek is already suppose to crest at 15 ft tomorrow at 4pm and that’s not including any rain we get tomorrow. Tuesday and Wednesday could be very bad for people in East Brainerd, East Ridge and Brainerd.

Back