• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern Flaming Feb 2021

Yikes the means aren't really good. I guess it's better than nothing this far out

Gonna add some climo perspectives since everyone is going Gaga over barney. The last sub 25 high in rdu for the month of January was in 1988. For the month of February it was in 2015. However, they have happened only 9 times in over 130 years for the month of February . Let alone 2 back to back days .
How did RDU not have any highs below 25 in January 1994? CLT had a couple days during that week long outbreak that barely broke 20.

it’s a fair point. Much rather have this cold air locked in place though and worry about suppression. Plus we always have our NW trend in the end which will give us room to work with.
This is true. Even with the tendency of storms to trend south this winter, we’ve still seen them trend back NW during the final 18-24 hours leading up to them. February 12, 2010 was very much like that. I literally went from no snow in the forecast with everything missing me to the south to 24 hours later getting 5 inches. Also with a deep cold air mass like that, you don’t need a strong low to give good snows... just need a weak low riding the gulf coast to give good overrunning like January 1988 or January 2011

Another totally underestimated wedge today with forecasted mid 50’s but we are stuck in the mid 40’s ITP. Gonna have to watch this over the next few weeks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Imagine how good of a wedge we could get with an actual high pressure up in the NE

Back