• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern February Discussion Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.
this has major trouble written all over this look.... jesus

Even after this goes by, the subtropical jet engulfs the entire southern tier of the contiguous US, and this has also been a theme portrayed on the EPS, GEFS, GEPS, and other suites... The subtropical jet rarely gets this strong to begin w/, even over the North Pacific where it's commonplace to see meteorological bombs on a weekly basis throughout most of the winter...
gfs_uv250_us_48.png

NWS Jax is getting on board for some severe; bet they update the outlook to a more ominous one in a day or so.

image15.png

Ive tried my best to go through the soundings and find some hope to end as a few snow flakes on Wednesday evening....no chance :(

Close the thread. Let's just banter until November. Except those peculiar severe folk ...we can give them a thread.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Close the thread. Let's just banter until November. Except those peculiar severe folk ...we can give them a thread.

yeah... thinking the same... need a spring severe wx thread for thoughts... thought bout starting one... but didn't know if only mods could do that... curious...

Ive tried my best to go through the soundings and find some hope to end as a few snow flakes on Wednesday evening....no chance :(
BL is a freaking torch.... I mean what is Winter coming too when you can't even count on the NAM to throw out some false hope?!

I mean at this point the best we can hope for is a long cool spring and a BN summer.

I checked the MJO this morning, the GFS is putting it at neutral of phase 1/8 during 21-22 and then it goes back into phase 8 on the 25th. The GFS ensemble keeps it at a weak phase 8 after the 20th. Indices aren't that bad looking, wish the NAO will trend negative and the AO after the 20th. I'm thinking they will cause the GFS and EPS has been showing it getting colder after the 7-11 day system. I think the GEFS has also showing it getting colder.

Still going with my thinking, severe weather, specially south of I-20. Colder weather to follow after the phase takes place, depending on where the phase takes place, some states could transition over to snow.

Sent from my SM-J700T1 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back