• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern February Discussion Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hoped to never experience a winter like those three listed above, but here we are. The good news is, it can't get much worse. During the traditional winter months of DJF, 1931-32 and 1889-90 is about as bad as it can get.

Welp I'm all in on the 18z gfs #1pixelftw
1260f7b3aec85e89e9176557d29938f2.jpg

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

I hoped to never experience a winter like those three listed above, but here we are. The good news is, it can't get much worse. During the traditional winter months of DJF, 1931-32 and 1889-90 is about as bad as it can get.
I can't go back to 1891-92, but 1933-34 as a follow-up was not too terribly good :(
compday_174_64_77_18_42_15_57_7.gif

Not Sure on exact timing but Temps would be more supportive per 850s, for upper portions of South but haven't looked at surface temps
Well, surface temps don't look great, for sure, if you're looking for frozen. But as a rule of thumb (only) @ this time of year, if you're looking at 850 maps, add about 12 - 15 º and you'll generally have a good idea of surface - but then, unless you want zr or the like - surface temps mean little when it comes to getting frozen to fall ....

Well, surface temps don't look great, for sure, if you're looking for frozen. But as a rule of thumb (only) @ this time of year, if you're looking at 850 maps, add about 12 - 15 º and you'll generally have a good idea of surface - but then, unless you want zr or the like - surface temps mean little when it comes to getting frozen to fall ....
Yep I've had snow fall a few time while ground temps were in the lower 40s.

Congrats on your victory today. I feel like this is the July thread

Thanks it's sad isn't it it does feel like a July drought thread..... it only lasted about five minutes.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Congrats on your victory today. I feel like this is the July thread

This is sad when we have July weather in February. Please just shoot me now and lets call it a winter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back