• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Wintry February 7-8 Winter storm

Here in upstate we really have to hope this moves in 7-8am instead of 10am.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Why temps tonight will be in upper 20s, the upstate as seen some of their best shows at 34-36° I really dont see it warming up much over that until maybe late tomorrow afternoon.

@GaWx i need you to do some digging for me because you’re good at it. What’s the most number of trace snowfalls recorded in a winter without recording anything over a dusting? Narrow your search scope to Charlotte, GSP, Atlanta, Greensboro, Raleigh.

I don't have time to do the others, but I think for ATL the record high # of traces without any measurable in a season was 13 in 1950-1 (Nov 2, Dec 5, Feb 3, Mar 2, Apr 1)

Why temps tonight will be in upper 20s, the upstate as seen some of their best shows at 34-36° I really dont see it warming up much over that until maybe late tomorrow afternoon.
Last year in April 2, I watched moderate to heavy rates for two hours between 8am and 11am put down 2.5 inches of snow after the previous 3 days had seen highs near 70. Early April sun angle and the temperature the whole snowfall was between 34-36, so I have a hard time thinking that those who see good enough rates tomorrow are not gonna see at least some accumulation

I know this sounds like wish casting but this looks like one of those surprise systems that over performs.

A few years ago I moved from about 2 miles north of the perimeter to 2 miles inside it. It’s been unbelievable how negatively that short four mile difference has impacted my accumulations.

this is so true. I grabbed close to 5 inches in DEC 2017 in the Decatur area, but I know folks down near Panola MTN that hardly saw the ground covered.

Taking a quick look at the radar and there's light rain spreading across N. MS right now.

EDIT: None of the latest short range models runs show precip in MS starting this early fwiw.

Back