• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Wintry February 7-8 Winter storm

The highest bust potential based on history imo is not whether or not any falls but how much (if any) accumulates due to it not being cold enough in marginal situations when precip isn't heavy like this one appears to be. Models often overdo accumulations more than the opposite...at least in ATL area. Just as a betting man as opposed to going with my feelings, I'd take the under on average model accumulations and hope for a rare bust the other way.

Example: remember last winter's bust near Macon?

But any just falling (2nd day in a row) would be a victory imo. I'd keep the accumulations expectations low in and near the city, itself, while still hoping for a surprise.

Sometimes, although rare, things can bust the other way just like in December of 2017. We went from a forecast inch or two right on up to a foot.

Not sure how they handle it up here. If it really is a heavy burst of snow I think the models may be on-par with what could happen, especially if rates are insane.
Given the last two winters, I'll take a few hours of insane rates and happily live with whatever manages to stick. Just want to see some d-mn heavy snow for once!

Yeah, I think places like Forsyth, Cherokee, and even N Cobb and N Gwinnett tend to not bust low as often as the immediate ATL area does.
A few years ago I moved from about 2 miles north of the perimeter to 2 miles inside it. It’s been unbelievable how negatively that short four mile difference has impacted my accumulations.

I hate quick moving systems . You blink and they are over in a couple hours. That said I’ll be in NE Alabama tonight . I’ll take a flurry at this point

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This morning was such a tease. Had a legitimate heavy snow shower that would have produced a good event in a 3-4 hour span, but it was over in 10 minutes.

@GaWx i need you to do some digging for me because you’re good at it. What’s the most number of trace snowfalls recorded in a winter without recording anything over a dusting? Narrow your search scope to Charlotte, GSP, Atlanta, Greensboro, Raleigh.

Back