• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Wintry February 7-8 Winter storm

I suppose there is always a chance. WRF-AWR2. That would make a lot in NC happy. 41370387-2990-4816-9970-3385342BC2E2.jpeg

It isn't often that ATL gets snow of any amount on prevailing S or SW winds. As a matter of fact, I'd call it rare at best. This may be another reason to keep accum expectations low near the city, itself. If I get time, I'll see if I can find a single instance of accum SN at KATL with prevailing S or SW winds. The good news is that will provide ample moisture. But will it warm it too much too fast?? Opinions?

This just doesn't seem likely when most places is going to see 20s tonight, and then the cloud cover tomorrow will lock the cold in. I could see it warming later in the day with WAA

Yea it should warm up mid afternoon and most snow will turn into a cold rain. It’s more of a 7-12am event from what I’ve seen on tv.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This just doesn't seem likely when most places is going to see 20s tonight, and then the cloud cover tomorrow will lock the cold in. I could see it warming later in the day with WAA
I’m thinking the same about clear skies tonight then getting locked in and probably high rates.

The HRRR is initializing to warm, but like GaWx says, we rarely ever get snow with south or southeast winds, so that would be a bit concerning.

I would never count 100 % on cloud cover locking cold air in either, its all about the wind direction and the cold air source.

31.6F
7:57PM

Could folks put their city and state location on their profiles? Elevation would be nice too, but everyone may not know their exact number, but location would be nice.

If my location says northeastern Georgia, that could be anywhere from Athens (750') to Clayton (1900').

It isn't often that ATL gets snow of any amount on prevailing S or SW winds. As a matter of fact, I'd call it rare at best. This may be another reason to keep accum expectations low near the city, itself. If I get time, I'll see if I can find a single instance of accum SN at KATL with prevailing S or SW winds. The good news is that will provide ample moisture. But will it warm it too much too fast?? Opinions?
Maybe the first snow of January 2008? It surprised everyone by starting as snow and we picked up an inch or two before it turned to rain. Seems to me the flow was straight from the south.

Back