• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Wintry February 6th-7th

No snow or sleet here but did lose power as I was getting ready for bed late last night, and earlier in the night I was remarking that I didn't really expect that we were going to have a thunderstorm, but I was hearing thunder.

That was fun, and by fun, I mean not really. My flashlight isn't working, so I had to use feel to get back to my bedroom to get my tablet for light for me so I could finish getting ready for bed, then I wasn't able to use my electric blanket in bed.

Didn't do a proper snow board, but measured 2.75-3 inches in several spots around the yard and 3.5 inches on cars and raised surfaces as it was winding down last night. A few miles due north of Easley, SC.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

I’m really surprised to see ROA got screwed over so badly. I thought they were basically 100% guaranteed to get warning criteria snow. That’s rough.

Also, good to see some of our upstate SC and NE GA folks get a pretty solid snow!

4.5 inches here in cashiers NC at the mtn house (3950ft).. fell in my forecasted range for this area 3-6inches
Nice. I had some measurements around 6” but I’m no professional spotter. The snow got noticeably thicker the further we drove north towards Maggie valley

Last edited:
I believe GSP and local mets could have been a little more transparent in letting the public know that what happened was very possible instead of being conservative and downplaying the event. Caught many people off guard here in the Northern Upstate (North of I-85) and there was accidents and wrecks everywhere. There are legitimate reports of Warning Criteria amounts and we didn't even get WWA until after it was too late.

Well I just made back to liberty sc from Maggie valley it was a very good storm up in that area I wish I could had been at home in liberty as well it was a good storm here as well

Well I just made back to liberty sc from Maggie valley it was a very good storm up in that area I wish I could had been at home in liberty as well it was a good storm here as well

I measured 4 to 4.5 in places around Maggie valley talking to family in liberty area they had 2.5-3. So technically by going to Maggie valley we saw 1-1.5 inches more. This pic was taken outside your motel 7am this morning. During my early walks
8e1d3b02f56229c174bf44f88314678d.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The year of the flizzards continues in White House. Such a strange winter seeing snow fall so often but not a lot to show for it.
View attachment 72507
On a side note I use to have such beautiful green grass in the backyard. I guess 2 Rottweilers over 120 pounds is good for it.

Looked like my deck this morning...ugh! You didn't miss by much, kind of like me. My cousin in Crossville, TN sent this pic:

1612722101160.png

Back