• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern February 2024

Yeah that'll work
613fe97e1805e41430d7d91df7fb2206.jpg

Sent from my SM-A136U1 using Tapatalk

GFS/ICON/Euro/CMC all look really similar honestly. Seems like we may get the complete undercutting scenario with some form of a 50/50 low, details tbd.
I don’t know of a 500mb evolution for a storm quite like this in the history books. Southern stream wave running perpendicular into a low anomaly / back door cold front that is dropping due south out of E Canada…and meeting up over the southeast

I don’t know of a 500mb evolution for a storm quite like this in the history books. Southern stream wave running perpendicular into a low anomaly / back door cold front that is dropping due south out of E Canada…and meeting up over the southeast
Feb 2004

Yea, it's one of those weird things where I don't remember an even remotely similar threat/look that didn't pan out. Really a wild setup and I don't personally have any history to go on for how I think it may evolve on modeling. Just have to cross our fingers and hope.

Probably the most elusive fairy dust part of this set up is getting southwest wave to actually transverse underneath the ridge and stay in tact enough generate precip. I know omega blocks aren't that un-common but for one to situate so far south with heights that low underneath it seems really anomalous.

Back