• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern February 2024

It’s cute and all to gaze at the day 12+ ensembles but eventually we going to need some op runs with the magic.

This ain’t it.

View attachment 144943
gfs_mslp_pcpn_frzn_us_46.png

That one entered the U.S. in N California before moving east and amplifying over the southeast

View attachment 144930
That one stil chaps my ass! I think the Euro was literally spitting out 24” totals 24 hours out for me! Got 1” of sleet with 1-4” dusting at end! ?

Here is a set of 6 storms that I have matching this type of setup of split flow with a low latitude wave running west to east into Baja. The composite images are when the wave hits the Baja coast

View attachment 144934

View attachment 144935

View attachment 144936

View attachment 144937

View attachment 144938

View attachment 144939

View attachment 144940

View attachment 144941

View attachment 144942
Ahh the great Southeastern Snowstorm February 9-11 1973. The biggest Snowstorm I've ever seen here in Greenwood, SC. Over a foot imby. It was wonderful.

That Trough gonna Break down and the Ridge gonna move away from the NW. Therefore the Pattern Change everyone is talking about the 2nd half of Feb will be muted. I'd bet right now most innthe SE especially outside of the Mountains will likely see highs in the 40s and 50s, With several 60s thrown in. I guess we move on to Magnificent March as Spring Approaches.

Sent from my SM-S911U using Tapatalk

Need to dislodge that cold air over Alaska where yesterday high temps were in the 40-50 below zero range. Break off some of that and send it south!

Sent from my SM-A136U1 using Tapatalk

Could you draw it up any better than this? Picture frame worthy

View attachment 144949View attachment 144950
I’m not trying to be rude, but this is basically a repeat of how we’ve failed the past 4 years. The PV is too far west and it will not work for us without supreme luck IMO. That’s a western southeast and Mid-Atlantic north winter look IMO. PV must be anchored further east for us to score (but then not too far east or we fail that way too).

Back