• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Wintry February 19-21, 2020 Winter Storm

... hmmm IT DID GET THAT UPGRADE THOUGH??? .. in all seriousness though the cmc is just showing us what needs to happen to have this be a bigger deal I’m sure those crazy ensemble members on the euro had similar set ups
Yeah some people create their own models to show us what we want but doesn't mean it will happen. Trust me I'd love for the CMC to get this right but not hanging my hat on it that's for sure.

CMC is actually do better than GFS with global skill score in the past year so I wouldn't say it's horrible.
Ok it's just terrible.... I mean the wilkes mspaint model has higher verification scores than the GFS lately Lol. But from a H5 recognition stand point I guess it does have some validity, if the Euro sees it then I'm all in

There still some hope for N AL I see, and the NAM is one of the main sources of that hope right now, and to some extent the GFS, which have been trending a bit colder with the 850s.

That looks like novelty snow for upstate and a good snow for NC

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Upstate will get zero benefits from a coastal. CMC went boom and funneled cold air down into the moisture. That upstate fantasy snow was basically a mirage on the CMC. We need the early overrunning to come in colder with more precip if we want this thing to work out here

Ok it's just terrible.... I mean the wilkes mspaint model has higher verification scores than the GFS lately Lol. But from a H5 recognition stand point I guess it does have some validity, if the Euro sees it then I'm all in

Plus, Canadian had a huge update that should boost 2.5x in performance. Agree with you about needing the Euro's support, though.

Upstate will get zero benefits from a coastal. CMC went boom and funneled cold air down into the moisture. That upstate fantasy snow was basically a mirage on the CMC. We need the early overrunning to come in colder with more precip if we want this thing to work out here

Basically this is looking like the year 2000. That storm they called the Carolina crusher. It didn’t do hardly anything in the upstate. I lived in Elgin Sc at the time and got 5 inches

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

And, in fact, coastals will rob our area of moisture. Once the low transfers to the coast it shuts moisture off here. Temps will crash on the backside but too late of course.

Beginning to get excited here in myrtle beach as well. I’ve seen these things go bad though waaaaay too many times lol. Fingers crossed for the eastern half of both Carolinas

Back