• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Wintry February 19-21, 2020 Winter Storm

What's so bad about there forecast? it's not over doing it and we all know there are surprises in these setups, plus 12z 18z time frame with possible all snow isn't bad. Plus FWIW the gefs came in colder and more snow for areas of north Bama.
I suppose they are being appropriately conservative, but they make no mention whatsoever of accumulations, which is of course what we all want to see. Also, they mention only NW AL and S TN, which does exclude Huntsville. I'm aware of the latest GEFS and that is exciting, but I have a feeling the surface temps are just going to be too high here.

uh oh

prateptype_cat_ecmwf.us_ma.png

here's the sounding for 18Z tomorrow for the Triad from the EURO. It's close, but it's also solidly in the warmer camp. It's never easy.

ecmwf_full_2020021912_030_36.0--80.25.png

Euro looks very realistic with isolated higher amounts across NC

It also is very close to the GFS in most areas. Both line out a HWY64 special... 2-3 for CLT Metro, 4-6 Sanford to Greenville.

Interesting to watch the Euro come on board so late, probably not the best models to analyze at hour 30, but they still should provide input for forecasters.

Back