• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Wintry Feb 6-8 2022 Winter Potential

It’s jumped from 21 to 28 in a little over an hour.

dewpoint.png
dewpoint.png
dewpoint.png
I'm not following what you are doing here?

Of course I have to go to class while the precip is moving in. I have a hunch that it will start as a snow/sleet mix.

Sheesh if you looked at any model other than the RGEM a day or so ago you would have expected nothing just to wake up to almost a quarter inch of ice lmao
RGEM did it again, it’s honestly the best short-medium range model right now

Can anyone explain WTF this warm tongue is?

View attachment 112985

1. Rome and ATL actually had similar dewpoints in the middle 20s. But Rome, where that 31 is, was clear all night while it was cloudy all night just to the SE, including ATL area where temps stayed up in the lower 40s.

2. Augusta actually had a much higher dewpoint of upper 30s but they also had light rain much of the night that resulted in wetbulb-ing down to near the dewpoint and thus a few degrees colder than ATL area, which had virtually no rain.

3. Athens also had a higher dewpoint than ATL in the lower 30s, but they had a tiny bit of rain that allowed some wetbulb-ing into the upper 30s/a few degrees colder than ATL area.

Back