• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Feb 26-29 snow showers/clippers

just remember, Murphy is kinda in the same downsloping boat as Asheville, NC.. Of course the 2,000 ft elevation helps some of course.
Yeah, I'm not worried because it's only 2,000. ft vrs 3 to 4,000 ft.

000 FXUS62 KGSP 280305 AFDGSP Area Forecast Discussion National Weather Service Greenville-Spartanburg SC 1005 PM EST Thu Feb 27 2020

.NEAR TERM /THROUGH FRIDAY/...
Aside from the mountain snow totals, the other major issue will be rapidly steepening mid-level lapse rates as the upper shortwave crosses the southern Appalachians Friday. Anticipate plenty of 7+ deg C/km 850 to 500 mb lapse rates transiting the region.

??
Is that good for the upstate

Euro looking good for TN/NC mountains and for my motel room here in Murphy NC LOL!!!
sn10_acc.us_se.png

If the convection does happen in the upstate sc what time are we talking?
I wouldn’t ever discount the chance of a quick accumulation when you’re talking about convective snow, simply because the rates can be so high and much like a summer thunderstorm the temperatures can drop so quickly. During the February 2013 event that has been referenced in this thread, my temperature in Wingate dropped from 44 to 32 in a matter of just about 5 minutes.

Good to know. Hoping the precip hurries up and clouds can block the warming so we csn get in on snow too. This thing is juiced up and not even convective much yet.
So this is first round and second that comes tonight is still up in MO area?

That band in Chattanooga arae looks pretty healthy. Plus second round behind this first is getting juiced

Back