• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Wintry Feb 19-20 Possible Front-End Snow/Ice Thump

A few ice pellets mixed with rain on the way home from Raleigh.

So if I have to call 911 about another emergency, is it ok to tell them about the sleet and feathers accumulating on my windshield, or is that no good? Need a ruling here.

It was nice having something to track in such a bad pattern, let’s see if we can get something late feb/early March as the pattern will be improved by then, this was just the appetizer ❄️

Just as a look back to compare the 3km NAM vs the RGEM for this event... I looked at their forecast about 36-40 hours out. Here’s what they showed for the same run 38 hours out.

3km NAM
EAF3CA7F-2F06-40E5-BB7C-5E57501A3345.png

RGEM
5E52363E-E3C1-41D7-8856-B70BEFA72A4D.png

Radar
505AD568-EACE-435E-81B0-E46E2E09FEA6.jpeg

I don't know that I saw any models with freezing at Durham. Some had it close, but not sure any had it there. Especially this early.

Well it’s on a car so not sure how accurate? Was 31 now back 32 snowing hard for a bit, sleet now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nice snow event still going on in mtns, Boone. Had some of the biggest heaviest sleet ive seen in a while in Asheboro around 645 , caused tracks on the road. Back at house lot metled flakes splattering windshield with rain and 32-33 degrees. Hoping we can get one more ground covering before seasons change for good.

Back