• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Wintry Feb 19-20 Possible Front-End Snow/Ice Thump

Welp, goodbye to this thread, hello march thread, It was fun while it lasted and it honestly did more than I thought it would here, .1 of snow/sleet is a W
Wait no not yet, I've not had my 15 seconds of ip fame

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Well got my 10 minutes of sleet here in SE Wake. Nothing crazy. But was nice to hear those pingers pinging

Someday I’d love to be in a Legit sleet storm. Like the 3 inches of sleet type. I’ve Never really experienced any long duration sleet storm.

Anyway I hope the rest of you can see your 10 minutes of glory! Is it worth the week of tracking? Ehhh probably not. But it is a fun evening.

Now time to go enjoy the fire and one of winters last cozy nights!

Well got my 10 minutes of sleet here in SE Wake. Nothing crazy. But was nice to hear those pingers pinging

Someday I’d love to be in a Legit sleet storm. Like the 3 inches of sleet type. I’ve Never really experienced any long duration sleet storm.

Anyway I hope the rest of you can see your 10 minutes of glory! Is it worth the week of tracking? Ehhh probably not. But it is a fun evening.

Now time to go enjoy the fire and one of winters last cozy nights!

I Enjoyed a sleet storm with the Jan 2016 winter storm, got 3.3 inches of mostly sleet, as long as it’s not ZR, it’s completely fine in my opinion

I Enjoyed a sleet storm with the Jan 2016 winter storm, got 3.3 inches of mostly sleet

Epic! Not sure it would be as fun as watching snow but to see that much ice on the ground would be crazy. If it froze hard it could probably wreak havoc on the road systems for several days.

I seem to remember an early 2000 storm in Greenville NC that dropped several inches of snow then about an inch of sleet or freezing rain or both. As a kid I could almost stand on top of the stuff without falling through.

Epic! Not sure it would be as fun as watching snow but to see that much ice on the ground would be crazy. If it froze hard it could probably wreak havoc on the road systems for several days.

I seem to remember an early 2000 storm in Greenville NC that dropped several inches of snow then about an inch of sleet or freezing rain or both. As a kid I could almost stand on top of the stuff without falling through.

That 3 inches of sleet was basically 10 inches of snow (same impact) constant refreezing and just like you said you could of walked on it without falling through, it was really tuff melting it away, lasted about a week and few days and school was out for a week

On a scale from 0 to 10 in terms of what I expected to see from this event I give this a solid 6.5-7. Certainly was nice to see a burst of big aggregates for about 10-15 minutes but nothing accumulated here. I personally anticipated as a middle-of-the-road scenario a burst of sleet mixed with rain at the onset but received multiple bouts of IP followed by a quick shot of snow, slightly overperformed but it was within reason. I'm just glad I didn't get completely shutout in February

Back