• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Wintry Feb 19-20 Possible Front-End Snow/Ice Thump

RNK thinks I may see some flakes or pellets!!

.TUESDAY NIGHT...Rain. Snow and freezing rain after midnight.
Light snow accumulation. Lows in the lower 30s.
Light and
variable winds. Chance of precipitation near 100 percent.
.WEDNESDAY...Sleet and freezing rain in the morning. Rain. Little
or no additional sleet accumulation. Highs in the upper 30s.
Chance of precipitation near 100 percent.

Ugh this is shaping up to be another one of those absolutely miserable 33F and cold rain events here in Charlotte. I'm tired of them!

While i get a limited mess just a few counties up here in Salisbury, meck county “gradient” is underrated and this time it’s a gradient between who gets a little vs none

Not too much, I mean one or two bigger but most are showing some sort of frozen precip for NW/W NC... Now if I were up in Va I'd be feeling pretty good

gefs_snow_ens_nc_17.png
Wow, I am surprised. There are lots of members getting trace amounts down into the upstate. Got to admit this one has my attention.

Ugh this is shaping up to be another one of those absolutely miserable 33F and cold rain events here in Charlotte. I'm tired of them!
Better get used to it! If it’s raining at mine and Mack’s house 9/10 it’s raining in Charlotte! (North Charotte may be an exception)

Yesssiirrrrerfrdderdf

You know this winter has sucked when your happy over the nam showing a hour of snow
(Lol don’t mind the hotspot my cousin wouldn’t leave me alone about it)
But I like this run
14B5CC89-9173-4DC6-9C35-E0D23AA72FB5.png

Hmmm.
cb8910a88f5e8d099e14545562ca9898.gif

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

NAM is starting to catch up on this, I also talked about frontogenesis earlier and how the NAM is undermodeling the fronto band, now look at it

NAM is starting to catch up on this, I also talked about frontogenesis earlier and how the NAM is undermodeling the fronto band, now look at it
Its good to see the nam showing this now but there is still a large dry layer below 700mb which may still screw us Tuesday.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

NAM has a actual winter weather event and not no novelty event for NC, wow

Back