• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Wintry Feb 17-19 Smastsmasher Snow/Ice

Looks like its 1032 near NYC. Just looking at things we may get more of a northerly component to our sfc winds overnight which should help the dry feed especially as the coastal trough tightens up
I was wondering noticing that. Glad you pointed it out. To much easterly imo once west of coastal plain at sunset , even in VA,MD.
Its definitely northerly spine of apps ,points west

My final call map for this event, not many changes overall from my first one yesterday morning. I ticked up the amounts in the Triad & N piedmont about 0.05" and decided to bite on the local max in ZR in southern Henderson Co esp near Saluda (which often happens in events like these). The unusually strong warm nose aloft + slight warming trends in the models are what kept me from going ham w/ the totals like I did for the last event.

New Map
February 17-18 2021 NC Forecast Snowmap3.jpg

Old Map

February 17-18 2021 NC Forecast Snowmap2.jpg

Looks like its 1032 near NYC. Just looking at things we may get more of a northerly component to our sfc winds overnight which should help the dry feed especially as the coastal trough tightens up
Just stepped outside to roll the trashcan to the road, noticed a stiff NE breeze and thought to myself, would like to see more of a N/NE breeze for optimal drying/cooling. If that happens gonna be fun for a few hours

My final call map for this event, not many changes overall from my first one yesterday morning. I ticked up the amounts in the Triad & N piedmont about 0.05" and decided to bite on the local max in ZR in southern Henderson Co esp near Saluda (which often happens in events like these). The unusually strong warm nose aloft + slight warming trends in the models are what kept me from going ham w/ the totals like I did for the last event.

New Map
View attachment 76063

Old Map

View attachment 76064
Saluda is 15 minutes up the road and will end up with a 1/2 an inch of ice like the always do while I get the always reliable 32 degree rain

All those snow pics... how about a sleet pic. Maybe enough for a couple of sleet balls or a tiny sleetman here lol

b452ea3446831953db5ec69252de5a86.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Looks like @Tarheel1 wheelchair on his deck.

Back