• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc Fall - End of 2019 Whamby

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have to make a phone call in about 20 minutes with a Weatherbell executive to sell some of my weather graphics. Wish me luck!
The plan is to redesign some of JB's winter forecast templates and several other commercial designs. Essentially to add more soap to his bathtub. Lol
Change the "slosh" slogan and you might have a Nobel Prize ...

If it wasn't for the Nationals magical run, I think the Dodgers would have won it. They would have beat the Cards and the Astros

im not going to sit there and post in that thread that should have been mine I claimed

I have to make a phone call in about 20 minutes with a Weatherbell executive to sell some of my weather graphics. Wish me luck!
The plan is to redesign some of JB's winter forecast templates and several other commercial designs. Essentially to add more soap to his bathtub. Lol
Sooooo you gonna leave us in suspense?

Sooooo you gonna leave us in suspense?
Sorry for the Suspense.
The call ended up going well, My job right now is to design a template, at least for testing and trial atm, more potentially later. Their purpose for this would be that JB and JD aren't the most tech-savvy people in the world, surprise surprise and need a template for them to use easily. I am working on a prototype that should be ready soon, most likely this weekend. Nothings set in stone, but if the testing goes well, I could get free Weatherbell Subscriptions :p

Sorry for the Suspense.
The call ended up going well, My job right now is to design a template, at least for testing and trial atm, more potentially later. Their purpose for this would be that JB and JD aren't the most tech-savvy people in the world, surprise surprise and need a template for them to use easily. I am working on a prototype that should be ready soon, most likely this weekend. Nothings set in stone, but if the testing goes well, I could get free Weatherbell Subscriptions :p
free for all? ... LOL very OL

Great job, Man!

So, here's a bit of a story with one of our cats that happened this month.

I can't talk about this story without some context first, and I'm pretty sure I've talked about this some here before. There's a house one house down from us that has been abandoned for about a decade. The owner used to have a lot of cats and when they left they did not take them. So, we had at least 20+ cats roaming around for a while then.

But that's not the point of the story. Our gray cat became pregnant sometime last month. She decided that her place to birth her kittens was going to be in that house (one of the locks on that house that was put on by the city does not work and sometimes you have homeless people break in there for a place to sleep so the door is "openable"). So she got stuck there for two weeks, and this is before it dropped to reasonable temperatures. We had given up on her showing back up, then with my dad's walk by the house, he heard her meow. He wasn't sure about it, then he heard it the second time. So, he thought that she had been hit by a car and was injured in the bushes, but when he turned to look...

He saw her in the window.

This was a surprise that we didn't expect. Dad then broke open that door that is openable and she came right out. Other than being a little skittish to start, she's turned out to be fine. Not long after, dad saw what he thought to be "strange kittens" and then when he saw her carrying one of her kittens around he said "wait...". After a minute, he put two and two together and said something that I actually theorized, that she used that house for the birth of her kittens.

So, the adult cat managed to live for two weeks in a place that really probably wasn't even habitable for animals and was able to nurse kittens for that time period to the point where 3 of what was probably 4 kittens survived.

Context: My mom does not like the idea of indoor pets. Me and my dad would like them but 1 shoots down 2.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back