• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc Fall - End of 2019 Whamby

Status
Not open for further replies.
8DsxCp4jNsHaNvr53OeVXxqExp-bqlMLMZlj2WZXszh7F-_FbmHjM2L73yt07gP5-dpvqyAppXmbbwT3YpbBPa_168zlWPN3A_fbi3xVxE--3vIrec_86geMIlvLpnbFnGcJ6nEgm-xw0ddMEsjB-roeGtfz5w_sB6YBgm-m6NF5wAFytUV1n2x5zHZaTXdWoT6intzyWtI_kqLbimN2AhxxM-FeFJ3XuJSxRIbG7hU-cLobmXQT9HSEtCD5I_jJV_G8rVvWgW98TyEAbpTOAmX7WFtxuVK3JeR9eFbjFyYtAh9_fcSBDG6u5d0ux1iSKJDSVHC7QQh9bTNkR1wRhWhph0JFKaKBGGBUrsfZuKfnm6Bxp9GzFoD-tUG7gXSkbrDZlAa19lPBTOI5rNJ9SRr08UeDxXiYryjWnLi0VHnVyiONUJdjm7uN1SveO4daPLGZbwSqH2avhgk0FKHCqNOk3dFINRyl2_gxHnBD1Dq73OEIRq-rjCO2U0jx_CJ09aawtWiE7ir0qFE_CiUIkF8xHeSC-uscyrRjrm8Xx5C8T4Q5kIyRCnY_VstACEQ9-e3rDpepJFIyaQVdyZ3TORZcxXoR0IQgUBGbLplEgpjS7vWp7i3_QYZKUot77Cx2Sqm4d-BTrh_rPsfuXu328WdzTpKCj49LTaT0XnrW7evX5LiTqxV1CB-i=w606-h576-no

Going through some old videos I have from 2001. This is US 421 in Lillington in November 2001.
1960969_0_bb561_38.jpg
This is what it looks like now - Taken in September 2019.
The fall weather was pretty nice in 2001, but now it doesnt look that great!

I wonder how many times the Weather Channel is going to show that guy walking his dogs getting struck by lightning? My money is on 2000 or so.
Yeah, saw that at least a dozen times over the last couple of days. Amazing to see the concrete blown out. His black eyes probably came from face-planting the ground.

Texas Panhandle is related to Texas weather like Beach Mountain is to North Carolina weather. Clicks and money folks. Learn to unfollow.

Texas Panhandle is related to Texas weather like Beach Mountain is to North Carolina weather. Clicks and money folks. Learn to unfollow.
It's fascinating that the Texas Panhandle has had October snowfall several times, but RDU has not once ever had measurable snow in the month of October. I would have guessed it had happened at least once before, since we've had measurable snow in April several times over the course of history. The last time RDU had October snowfall was a trace in 1910. Looks like the 109-year-drought will continue. We'll likely have to wait until January for anything, I don't see us getting lucky in early December again. Maybe we'll get some token flakes before then...that's all I have realistic hope before Christmas.

It's fascinating that the Texas Panhandle has had October snowfall several times, but RDU has not once ever had measurable snow in the month of October. I would have guessed it had happened at least once before, since we've had measurable snow in April several times over the course of history. The last time RDU had October snowfall was a trace in 1910. Looks like the 109-year-drought will continue. We'll likely have to wait until January for anything, I don't see us getting lucky in early December again. Maybe we'll get some token flakes before then...that's all I have realistic hope before Christmas.

Amarillo averages 18 inches of snow

Dallas averages an inch...

and we're in North Texas.

Does anyone have a good sight for the Turks and Caicos radar? Im traveling there and I can’t seem to find much of anything. Any help would be appreciated.

Tried to go on Amazon yesterday and when I attempted to login I couldn't. Said a two-step authentication process was set up and ask if I wanted the OTP sent to my phone or email. Well it shows the last 3 digits of the phone number and it ain't my number, also it wouldn't send it to my email (or so I thought). I call Amazon and they tell me that because I set up a two-step auth process they couldn't remove it nor could they access my account. I kindly told them I didn't set it up, apparently the account had been hacked, they only stated that they couldn't remove the two step process.

Well then I checked my email and I have notifications that my FB password had been changed, my twitter password had been changed, my Ebay password had been changed (I haven't used Ebay in forever, probably need to just close that one) and I see Amazon emails going directly to my trash. I call Amazon back, I was very concerned someone was probably tapping out my Amazon card and no one could seem to do anything about it. This time Amazon tells me it appears someone hacked my email and were able to access my Amazon account that way.

While on the phone I start getting emails from Venmo (some of you will know what Venmo is, for those of you who do not it's basically an app you use to transfer money to other Venmo members), anyway it says thanks for setting up Venmo account, then another email says your bank account has been added and before I can tell the Amazon guy bye I've got 2 other Venmo emails stating I was now friends with "Seth White", followed by "you just gave Seth White $1600.00 and Seth thanks you"!! I freaked, called the bank and fortunately no activity. Basically they had setup a Venmo through my FB account that they also now had control over but no bank information available, so most likely a ploy to try to get me to click on that email. I had to call Synchrony Bank to cancel my Amazon card, had to change all my passwords and had to send a photo ID (with sensitive info redacted, DL#, DOB, etc) to Amazon to verify it was me and they will remove the two step process in 1-2 days. Hopefully at that time I can access that account and then change that one too.

So far disaster averted but dang it gave me a scare and is sooooooo frustrating!!

Butalbital-acetaminophen-caffeine has to be one of the weirdest things I’ve taken, actually feel high but jittery at the same time, don’t like it at all but it’s simply Becuase these migraines just won’t go

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back