• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc Fall - End of 2019 Whamby

Status
Not open for further replies.
Major hurdle with something like that will be the lashing from pro Mets. Lots of debate abt how social media has changed weather forecasting. Lots of hype and stuff has really taken its toll on all forecasting now.

Snowlover and I deal with it on a daily basis on our Facebook weather page. Even had run ins with local Mets etc.

Thankfully we try to be as non-hype as possible and as legit as can be and a couple good forecasts on our part gained a lot of respect for a lot of our followers years ago. With nearly 40k likes on Facebook I constantly am paranoid abt being considered one of those “hype” pages. I’ve reached out to several local Mets who are personal friends and some NWS staff in D.C I know personally as well to try to be the best I can at running an “amateur” weather page with a legit following. We often hit hundreds of thousands of views during large storms and especially hurricanes.

I’ve even tried to get some Met friends to come on board with me and snowlover to give us that “official status” to make it that much more stable.

go for it guys! I’d for sure help!

I go to forums to see info I dont see or understand! Would be epic to have some type of way to bring that more publicly.

there is an opportunity to bring something new to the national scale. TWC is political nonsense. The hotel in Nags head had it on for breakfast and they ran a whole 15mjn section talking abt the increased occurrence of Cat 5 hurricane. Almost on the border of fear mongering. They have lost touch with forecasting.

certainly an opening for some sort of new methodology of weather forecasting.

Personally the NWS does a fantastic job! But for some reason their stuff is not public friendly at all. Hard to find and not well known.

Last edited:
This has my full support.

In all seriousness.... what can we band together to get something like this off the ground? The market is there to actually discuss weather.

Even just having a weekly podcast/skype/YouTube episode could be a good start
Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
Let’s do it . We have the resources, we just need to put together the format and roll it out

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My AP Environmental Science teacher bought a Davis Vantage Pro 2. I don't know which version specifically, but the "worst" model is $625!!! I told him I'm interested in meteorology, so I am VERY excited to work with this thing.

If the Nationals keep playing the way they have so far in these playoffs, no one is beating them. The Nationals pitching tonight is strong like the SER.

Last edited:
WTH
44e07d9657aff9733e02445289bcd003.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back