• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc Fall - End of 2019 Whamby

Status
Not open for further replies.
TWC used to be my favorite channel. I dont even watch it anymore unless theres a major storm. They have gotten too flashy, hip, cool. Seems like they are not as professional as they used to be.

You forgot political. It’s a joke. As you I only watch when we have major storms.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TWC used to be my favorite channel. I dont even watch it anymore unless theres a major storm. They have gotten too flashy, hip, cool. Seems like they are not as professional as they used to be.

honestly I don't even remember the last time I watched em or really watching them during Dorian

Sad times

We need to launch a SEwx weather channel. Something better than TWC. We could bring back the old weatherstar graphics. Make weather TV great again!
This has my full support.

In all seriousness.... what can we band together to get something like this off the ground? The market is there to actually discuss weather.

Even just having a weekly podcast/skype/YouTube episode could be a good start
Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

In all seriousness.... what can we band together to get something like this off the ground? The market is there to actually discuss weather
whatever is done, please count me in ... PM me for figuring out ... ;)

In all seriousness.... what can we band together to get something like this off the ground? The market is there to actually discuss weather.

Even just having a weekly podcast/skype/YouTube episode could be a good start
I totally agree. I was kinda half serious, when I said it. But I don't know how to go about it. The way everyone today wants information as soon as it's available, I think would definitely work in the favor of something like this. I mean, how cool would it be to have live model analysis and discussion as soon as it's available? Not just your average, everyday weathercast, but like real-time analysis and discussion, in a fun and engaging way?

There is currently no coherent/consolidated resource for this. You have your weather forums, Twitter, Facebook, TWC, and local weather, but there is not a consolidated, consistent source for this, without hitting refresh every few minutes on your favorite information site. Even your average people go around talking about models and such, not really having much exposure to that kind of thing. So I think in the right format, something like this really could be a hit.

It would really be awesome to make something like that mainstream and really change the weather information world.

I mean, how cool would it be to have live model analysis and discussion as soon as it's available?
Something like this would be cool. I'm not sure what the limits are, but I'd imagine if we could get the data output for the models, and get the data for some locations, or even your location, and have a program output a generated chart with graphics for each hour with temp, DP, etc. as the model runs. It's likely a ton of work, and may not be in line with what others are thinking, but it's just my thought. It would definitely save a lot of "What's the ___ showing for mby?" questions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back