• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc Fall - End of 2019 Whamby

Status
Not open for further replies.
yeah in boston mass.
and Charlotte, and Nashville, and Birmingham, and Dallas, and Savannah, and Macon. and Atlanta, and Asheville, and Biloxi, and Gainesville, and Waycross, and Jacksonville, and Roanoke Rapids, and Columbia, and in that God-foresaken place called the midlands, but Wake .. there's a question ...

and Charlotte, and Nashville, and Birmingham, and Dallas, and Savannah, and Macon. and Atlanta, and Asheville, and Biloxi, and Gainesville, and Waycross, and Jacksonville, and Roanoke Rapids, and Columbia, and in that God-foresaken place called the midlands, but Wake .. there's a question ...

I agreed until you said midlands. That place won’t see snow ever again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Everybody is complaining for winter to hurry in the summer time only to get disappointed when it cools down as winter starts since it never snows, at least in the summer or spring you get a better shot at interesting weather like a thunderstorm

Why is snow needed to make winter interesting? If that were the case for me, I would have had just 2 interesting events in like 20 years. For me winter is quite interesting because of the volatility, the challenge of forecasting and following the crazy models, and to see how cold it will get. Any snow is merely a once a decade bonus that I hardly even think about for here because it hardly ever happens. If snow IMBY were all I cared about, I’d be posting here only for a few days once every few years at most.

Why is snow needed to make winter interesting? If that were the case for me, I would have had just 2 interesting events in like 20 years. For me winter is quite interesting because of the volatility, the challenge of forecasting and following the crazy models, and to see how cold it will get. Any snow is merely a once a decade bonus that I hardly even think about for here because it hardly ever happens. If snow IMBY were all I cared about, I’d be posting here only for a few days once every few years at most.

Most here like winter for the snow, ofc you and @pcbjr find other things interesting about winter Because it’s rare for y’all, but at the end of the day most here enjoy/look forward to winter for the snow, and Some like it for the cold, but I prefer a torch if it’s gonna get cold and dry, in my opinion I like mesoscale stuff like summertime storms and there outflow boundaries or severe weather, I don’t like the destruction, I like the things learned off of it and what drove the pattern

Phil, you left out jonesboro buddy. Happy Thanksgiving to you man.

Elizabeth City? LOL. Of course not. Not listed, just like Norfolk. LOL

Lol you are an anomaly. I bet at least 90% of winter weather enthusiasts here look forward to snow and winter storms more than anything else.

You should move to the Panhandle, they are looking great so far this fall. How life in those parts?

been busy lately, but its been alright. I'm starting to look at moving though more due to cost of living than the snow thing here(although that definitely isn't helping), leaning towards far NW Arkansas next year actually.

Lol you are an anomaly. I bet at least 90% of winter weather enthusiasts here look forward to snow and winter storms more than anything else.

When I get the very rare treasured threats way down here (Jan of 2018 for example), I get as excited as anyone and more excited than at any other point in winter or any time of year! I’m just saying that these very rare threats are not the only times of winter I find interesting. If they were, winter would be pretty dull for me.

Winter does still start on the 21st correct?

You and I both know that winter as mets see it starts around 12/1. And those first few days after early 12/1 will be nice and chilly. The comments implying winter may be over are insanely silly. I agree with you. Even if the winter were to average warm, it wouldn't be over.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back