• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc Fall - End of 2019 Whamby

Status
Not open for further replies.
The coldest I get on the whole run of the 12Z GFS, is 28 degrees! December to remember!
#BACKLOADED! What a pile of ?! Long range model mirages disappearing again, like clockwork
I've asked this before, but nobody ever answers: What is the expectation for December/the winter? I mean, not "I want 0 degrees and snow every day". But what is the real expectation?

I've asked this before, but nobody ever answers: What is the expectation for December/the winter? I mean, not "I want 0 degrees and snow every day". But what is the real expectation?
You didn’t ask me, but I will oblige: denture chattering cold like February 2014 coupled with a barrage of Jan 88’ paste bombs.

You didn’t ask me, but I will oblige: denture chattering cold like February 2014 coupled with a barrage of Jan 88’ paste bombs.
Lol Ok but... That's not a legitimate expectation. I mean, what do we expect to happen for real?

Lol Ok but... That's not a legitimate expectation. I mean, what do we expect to happen for real?
Honestly, I would just like to see a trough set up in the east for weeks on end with the occasional ridge sliding through. I would love to be able to cycle through a 384hr map with a trough dominating the east coast from beginning to end.

That's easy. No wintry precip. here is the expectation every year because most years get none.

Honestly, I would just like to see a trough set up in the east for weeks on end with the occasional ridge sliding through. I would love to be able to cycle through a 384hr map with a trough dominating the east coast from beginning to end.

We see that multiple times per winter. We don't see it set up in reality very much, though. So when expectations get set for a continuously reloading eastern trough, I wonder about why that is the case, since that's something we hardly ever see?

That's easy. No wintry precip. here is the expectation every year because most years get none.

Probably why you're one of the least disappointed members.

We see that multiple times per winter. We don't see it set up in reality very much, though. So when expectations get set for a continuously reloading eastern trough, I wonder about why that is the case, since that's something we hardly ever see?

Probably why you're one of the least disappointed members.
I think most of us are here searching for that pattern we grew up hearing our grandpa talk about (not the 1930’s)

I always expect a up and down pattern in December, it wavers from early cold to warm to warm then cold. I expect no snow at all in December. All I want for December is to show me that January and February has promise. That’s what we all should be looking for.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I always expect a up and down pattern in December, it wavers from early cold to warm to warm then cold. I expect no snow at all in December. All I want for December is to show me that January and February has promise. That’s what we all should be looking for.

That seems reasonable.

Good question! For me, seasonally cool temps, low 30s for lows, upper 50s for highs would be just about right, with a H5 pattern that under January conditions snow on us. I want to see that pattern start repeating and persisting through the month. So come January I can feel confident that the winter will be a good one.

No snow expectations save perhaps the last week in December. Anything earlier like last year is a rare phenomenon IMO.

I think we'll have more normal to below normal days than above normal days this December temp wise. I think we'll have at least one legit shot at a winter storm.

For the Triangle region of NC, in my 45 years of life I have come to expect some mild (60's), some cold (40's for highs), very transient with some opportunities for snow. I have endured some mild Christmas days which I don't like.

I’ve just been hearing babble for about 2 weeks or so , about some early December super cold was coming , and -NAO coming, now it’s crickets and that GFS run takes us handily into early December and all I get out of this is a low of 28? That’s like 12 degrees below normal!? I just want the pooping models to nail a cold outbreak once , without it warming 10-15 degrees by go time, from what the models were showing! Wait we still have the CMC????

87865bf5b184c1ea181b0686baf2541b.jpg

Oh yippee! A severe thread! This winter is right on track! 10 days later, we get snow! When thunder roars, go indoors!??

Carolina weather authority...

Yeh there other post got the rounds big time on Facebook which basically looked like a copy cat of Brad P's outlook. I'd take 3-6 inches of snow and call that a massive win for CAE though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back