• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern Failbruary Thread

I ran this morning at 5:45 just to beat the front. I'm dreading it.
The dry front tomorrow afternoon is going to be the real beast. Dews in the low 10s Sunday morning, if we calm the winds it'll be another 18-22. Thing is without persistent strong blocking we are starting to reach that point in the year where the cold shots get a little shorter and are more easily moderated

Last edited:
Roads wet but going into the 20s soon. 31 currently Boone and dropping

Ice Man coming next week for some places upper south. See if the euro can weigh in on what parts. Canadian is west, GFS is east.

I want it cold probably about as much as anyone here. But in all honesty, I wasn’t impressed with the 12Z GFS. Also, the 12Z GEFS has only a shortlived mainly low level wedge chill very late Feb til 3/1. And remember I’m way down in the deep SE. And we’re in La Niña with its tendency to give love to a stubborn SER. Things just don’t look as good as they did a couple of days ago on the GFS/GEFS. Maybe I should just chill though and hope we chill longer, more strongly, and in a more widespread manner?

25.2, I wasn't paying attention yesterday and did not cut heat on last night, haha 59 in the house. If winds go dead calm tonight another sub 20 not out of the question

Back