• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern Failbruary Thread

In FL, notorious Panhandle cold spot Crestview plunged to 24! Tallahassee hit 28. It was 35 all the way down to Ocala in the north central peninsula. So, a cold late winter night/morning throughout the SE.

Dewpoints are currently down into the mid 40s all of the way down in Key West.

Well, for those of y'all who wanted/want AN, looks like your wish will be granted ...

View attachment 113558

View attachment 113559

View attachment 113560
Well, for those of y'all who wanted/want AN, looks like your wish will be granted ...

View attachment 113558

View attachment 113559

View attachment 113560

Thanks, Phil for the update. In reality, this is old news as model 2M output along with forecasted indices favoring warmth, have been suggesting this for a number of days. So, I continue to expect warmth for most of the last week of Feb and into the 1st week of March. After that I continue to hope that the MJO will rotate around to phases 8/1/2/3 for the subsequent couple of weeks, which would mean a period with a better chance to get back down to NN to BN. Though not all of them, a good number of CFS runs have been suggesting a return to a +PNA dominated period starting by ~3/8. We'll see!

Thanks, Phil for the update. In reality, this is old news as model 2M output along with forecasted indices favoring warmth, have been suggesting this for a number of days. So, I continue to expect warmth for most of the last week of Feb and into the 1st week of March. After that I continue to hope that the MJO will rotate around to phases 8/1/2/3 for the subsequent couple of weeks, which would mean a period with a better chance to get back down to NN to BN. Though not all of them, a good number of CFS runs have been suggesting a return to a +PNA dominated period starting by ~3/8. We'll see!
EPS keeps forcing confined in the warm phases through March 46887B8A-6FD9-47F6-BCF0-D40D9C2A66D1.png

Old news is my forte, I reckon ... :oops:

So, I guess it's time to say.....here comes the 70's?
Easily. Actually, I see FFC even has you in the 70s for this Thu before it cools nicely again for a few days again. Then likely mainly 70s for highs a good bit of mid to late next week+. I'll have a good shot at a day or more in the 80s late Feb. If the dewpoints were to stay below 50-55, I'd enjoy it (good to lie out in backyard). I'd expect 80 gets close to, if not to, Macon.

Last edited:
Easily. Actually, I see FFC even has you in the 70s for this Thu before it cools nicely again for a few days again. Then likely mainly 70s for highs a good bit of mid to late next week+. I'll have a good shot at a day or more in the 80s late Feb. If the dewpoints were to stay below 50-55, I'd enjoy it (good to lie out in backyard). I'd expect 80 gets close to, if not to, Macon.
you are probably right....80 doesn't appear to be that hard to hit at times in late FEB

Thanks, fro. I'd expect to hit 80+ here that day. With dews up into the low 60s, that wouldn't be my cup of tea, but:

1. This is old news/already been expected because the idea of warmth in late Feb. has been advertised for many days on models.

2. This is a type of day I'd be longing for once we get to late May. Also, low 80s here in late Feb is nothing unusual. ~2/3 of the last 30 years' warmest in Feb. have been 80+ and it has hit 84-87 in all of the last 6 Febs. So, in those respects, it isn't that big a deal.

3. Though the next day is almost as warm, this is the warmest afternoon of the entire 18Z GEFS run. So, cooling off from here.

Back