• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern Failbruary Thread

timing is different but the 12z euro was close too... don't know why everyone wants to poo poo the next threat so much. I guess they're ready for spring.View attachment 113414
Well personally I'm never ready for Spring but this one just doesn't look any different than the last 5 to me. We just haven't been able to get the southern stream to cooperate this year.

Honestly the rest of February looks like warm shot then cold shot then warm shot then cold shot .. and then eventually I would think the warm shots get more prolonged as we head into March

In relation to normal, little has changed the last few days with warm shot today, BN shot ~2/13-15, AN shot ~2/16-18, BN shot 2/19-21, then longer AN shot 2/22+ with MJO in AN phases lasting about 2 weeks, then hopefully BN returning, especially if MJO gets back around to 8 then.

For entertainment, CFS as someone else posted has a winter storm for CAD areas along with some stupid cold (March variety) to follow but it way overdoes cold over snowcover:

2C4ECC6B-FB99-4780-958B-BB8DD99B267E.png

176426A8-E99A-44F0-83C2-32D7614A58AE.png

CFS did hint at colder pattern after the warm Dec coming in January. So, it can be useful sometimes.

I can already imagine the warm sun on my skin and higher Dews.
View attachment 113287

I can imagine frizzy hair, the ac running constantly as it tries to keep up with the heat, miserably hott car when I first get in, crime increasing, infant deaths and animal deaths because parents "forget".

The only thing that gets me through NC summers are those cooling downpours we get. Those are amazing!

Back