• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern Fab-February 2020 The dark age

Slowly losing our help from the Pacific..ruh roh
C8E23A81-485A-4374-9576-7F3CC776A1B4.gif

Edit: at least those deep blues are dislodging over AK

Last edited:
Thoughts from Ray’s Weather Center on next weekend’s potential:

“Next week features three lows moving west to east across the Gulf: Monday, Wednesday, and next weekend. The strength of each remains in doubt; however, best thinking at this point is a rather ho-hum week with the potential for a more potent system next weekend. Yesterday, I saw foolish speculation already related next weekend; today's model guidance provides a dose of reality with a weaker/less cold system. Point being... no one knows how next weekend will play out.”

18z GEFS is one of the most active runs I’ve seen this winter. Seeing digital snow keeps me hopeful, but we haven’t been able to score yet.
GEFSMA_prec_meansnacc_384.png

18z GEFS is one of the most active runs I’ve seen this winter. Seeing digital snow keeps me hopeful, but we haven’t been able to score yet.
GEFSMA_prec_meansnacc_384.png
I noticed that as well. Interesting

That system feb 7-9th timeframe. Wouldn’t take much to give places a 1-3 inch type event like north of 85 in South Carolina and NE Georgia.

I don't hate this MJO forecast at all. The Euro is similar I think. Mostly stays in the circle. I'm more concerned about getting HLB and if we do I hope it's in a favorable spot.
View attachment 32065

3cb169367ed2f6cbf07d0e518d4dc0fe.jpg

E- this isn’t better, really looks bad after 2/8. I can see maybe another loop wanting to happen. I would rather it stay in the circle as well but that’s asking a lot this year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3cb169367ed2f6cbf07d0e518d4dc0fe.jpg

E- this isn’t better, really looks bad after 2/8. I can see maybe another loop wanting to happen. I would rather it stay in the circle as well but that’s asking a lot this year.

That may be why it was trying to pump another GOA ridge and -PNA. Either way if it says in the circle it seems I remember someone's research that Atlanta does well in the circle around phase 4.

That may be why it was trying to pump another GOA ridge and -PNA. Either way if it says in the circle it seems I remember someone's research that Atlanta does well in the circle around phase 4.

Yes Atlanta folks want it in the circle, 8 or 1. No one wants it in 4 or 5. That’s a death sentence.

That system feb 4/5th is suppressed if it can trend north there’s cold air. I think GEFS may have a couple good members that indicate a potential

Back