• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern Fab-February 2020 The dark age

that Type of pattern tho is 10x better than what we’re dealing with now, and you have a decent shot to score with that pattern, given the active STJ

Dennis could rival some of the most intense North Atlantic storms in terms of lowest sea-level pressure. Some highly anomalous events happening this week has wrecked the models! Might not get a sensible run till 12z Monday.

I am not as smart as some, but also the mjo moving toward the cod and perhaps phase 8 or close to it can also help. That would suck to go from rain and not cold enough to cold and no precip in site. ?

Last edited by a moderator:
I am not as smart as some, but also the mjo moving toward the cod and perhaps phase 8 or close to it can also help. That would suck moose balls to go from rain and not cold enough to cold and no precip in site. ?
Hey Kevin, I don’t know if you are familiar with this site but It does have 500mb composites to MJO phases. https://www.americanwx.com/raleighwx/MJO/MJO.html

From looking at phase 8 in February, one could see that it has an outcome almost too good to be true for this winter.3033572D-4FA5-4431-AE81-022169903516.gif
Although, phase 8 in March is a bit less extreme andI wouldn’t say that it would create an extreme outcome. I don’t think the look is too bullish
and I wouldn’t be too upset working with something in the middle.
82E11FE8-896D-4FDB-B832-7FE569ACCCA6.gif

GFS went from 8 inches to an inch here so there's that

Looks like rain on every frame

b25bf685-8e5a-4981-9077-27f31a74166e.gif

Last edited:
CMC has a nice piece of energy in the southern stream that’s about to shoot across Texas
b390768997e9a3f2a1d23ad4548ef429.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dennis could rival some of the most intense North Atlantic storms in terms of lowest sea-level pressure. Some highly anomalous events happening this week has wrecked the models! Might not get a sensible run till 12z Monday.

Yeah 916 is pretty low.

d49162a5eedebeb1a20fcd5dce086b2c.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back