• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Tropical Eta

Is it just me or is Eta starting to look pretty darn good? Central Florida watch it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

c0ad226d2e6130ca6b59071473b407f4.jpg

Is this an eye?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Another east shift

At this rate it might be a Charley track lol

NHC still saying more east shifts possible

Eta's initial motion is a somewhat uncertain 015/8 kt. There has
once again been a significant eastward shift in the 18Z dynamical
model guidance, with the GFS, HWRF, and UKMET models all showing a
faster north-northeastward motion toward the Florida west coast. As
a result, the NHC forecast has again been shifted eastward and lies
near the TVCA multi-model consensus through 36 h. After that time,
the NHC track is slower and west of the bulk of the consensus aids
as the ECMWF still shows Eta weakening and lingering near the
Florida Big Bend. While the new track has been shifted
significantly eastward after 36 h or so, some continuity with the
previous forecast is maintained with a slower northward motion
between the two model camps. While there is increasing confidence in
the faster north-northeastward motion in the short-term, there is
still considerable uncertainty by 48 hours and beyond, and further
adjustments to the track forecast could be required overnight.

025617_5day_cone_no_line_and_wind.png

I'm guessing its no longer gonna be decoupled into a naked swirl? Thats quite the shift in the low level flow.

I think it either gets absorbed/opens into a trough or is just far enough E but there is a low chance we could get a SC landfall from ETA tomorrow

I think it either gets absorbed/opens into a trough or is just far enough E but there is a low chance we could get a SC landfall from ETA tomorrow
NHC says Eta will be in FL tomorrow but you think it will be in SC ? It's forecast to be near Jacksonville, FL tomorrow evening.

NHC says Eta will be in FL tomorrow but you think it will be in SC ? It's forecast to be near Jacksonville, FL tomorrow evening.
I think it's clearing the EC of FL near Jacksonville by early afternoon which gives it a shot at clipping the SC coast late in the evening. Realistically I'm not sure it'll be considered a TC by that point

I think it's clearing the EC of FL near Jacksonville by early afternoon which gives it a shot at clipping the SC coast late in the evening. Realistically I'm not sure it'll be considered a TC by that point
My sister lives in Jacksonville. Do you think there will be a lot of wind damage there ?

Got our first Eta related tornado warning south of St. Petersburg

Back