• This website or discussions about the COVID-19 virus outbreak should be taken as entertainment. For official information on how to plan and prepare, please go to The Offical CDC Homepage By Clicking Here
  • Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern ENSO Updates

GaWx

Supporter
Reaction score
Nino 3.4 rose to 0.7 C.
With weekly SSTs stubbornly remaining within lower end weak El Niño, there’s a chance that FMA will barely remain in lower end weak. If that happens, a very weak ONI based El Niño may end up being the case on the latest version of the ONI chart as 5 trimonthly +0.5 readings in a row would be achieved.

Looking ahead, is there a reasonable chance that weak El Niño will persist through summer? What about fall/winter? Any opinions?

Reaction score
With weekly SSTs stubbornly remaining within lower end weak El Niño, there’s a chance that FMA will barely remain in lower end weak. If that happens, a very weak ONI based El Niño may end up being the case on the latest version of the ONI chart as 5 trimonthly +0.5 readings in a row would be achieved.

Looking ahead, is there a reasonable chance that weak El Niño will persist through summer? What about fall/winter? Any opinions?
Sure hope we don’t see a Niño for a long long time ... ready reshuffle things. Give me a moderate strong La Niña

GaWx

Supporter
Reaction score
Sure hope we don’t see a Niño for a long long time ... ready reshuffle things. Give me a moderate strong La Niña
My feeling is that to really get a reshuffle, the best bet would be to finally get a relative cooling of the ridiculously warm W Pacific equatorial region as they’ve been largely in control the last few years regardless of ENSO.