• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Wintry Nov 30-Dec 1 Flurries/Snow Showers

The sea ice is way behind so yeah that doesn’t help

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pretty pitiful.

f62478a0b9f0e20e5211c674641e1ef5.jpg

So I’m gonna go ahead and assume it’s not snowing in upstate Sc anytime soon lol. It was a fun thought while it lasted.

Pretty pitiful.

f62478a0b9f0e20e5211c674641e1ef5.jpg

Who cares? A ULL will create its own cold air like a miracle and rates will overcome all! It doesn't matter if it's above freezing in the Hudson Bay!

/s

On a serious note, I don't see a lot to get excited about outside the mountains right now. At least it's finally going to feel like winter, which is a welcome change. Our chances of scoring a storm in early December are historically pretty low, anyways, so one can't really be disappointed. Now, once late February rolls around and we're still searching for our first inch, it's time to panic.

Yeah imo the chances of getting something is getting slimmer and slimmer, we’re just Honestly gonna have to wait and see if we can indeed get a -EPO cold blast and wave timed right, +PNA right now will deliver cold but it’s just so marginal given it’s early December and the root of the cold from a +PNA isn’t that cold right now, gotta remember to sometimes with -EPOs we combat the SE ridge

Who cares? A ULL will create its own cold air like a miracle and rates will overcome all! It doesn't matter if it's above freezing in the Hudson Bay!

/s

On a serious note, I don't see a lot to get excited about outside the mountains right now. At least it's finally going to feel like winter, which is a welcome change. Our chances of scoring a storm in early December are historically pretty low, anyways, so one can't really be disappointed. Now, once late February rolls around and we're still searching for our first inch, it's time to panic.
Tbh I think 2017/18 spoiled some into thinking early December was one of the most favorable windows for a winter storm when it is really not historically. Most of the SE US averages less than an inch of snow in December, which means that snowless Decembers are more common than getting a big dog.

Tbh I think 2017/18 spoiled some into thinking early December was one of the most favorable windows for a winter storm when it is really not historically. Most of the SE US averages less than an inch of snow in December, which means that snowless Decembers are more common than getting a big dog.
For Atlanta, December and February are equal. Atlanta averages about 0.4" in both of those months. Atlanta actually averages more in March than either February or December. Chattanooga also averages more snow in March than in February or December. Also, Birmingham averages more snow in April than in February which is interesting. I'm getting this info from wikipedia.

For Atlanta, December and February are equal. Atlanta averages about 0.4" in both of those months. Atlanta actually averages more in March than either February or December. Chattanooga also averages more snow in March than in February or December. Also, Birmingham averages more snow in April than in February which is interesting. I'm getting this info from wikipedia.
More in April than February ? That box on Wikipedia has to be messed up as for Atlanta getting more sow in March than February ... that sounds like it’s skewed . Median snowfall in March would have to be lower . One way to find out is to compare snow days versus the 2 months . Guarantee you February would be higher than March .

Attachments

• 9876868D-DCEC-4437-BCF8-CED860A26B81.jpeg
    9876868D-DCEC-4437-BCF8-CED860A26B81.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 48
Back