• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern December, Make analogs relevant again

Wonder if this warm will help get some out then rapid cold will kill more, or does it make a difference?
Ask anyone who has been hunting in Canada or Alaska in the warm season. Mosquitoes are worse there than they are here.

What sometimes happens in these patterns of extreme cold is that the highs are so strong that it squashes the development of any storms.

Yup my biggest concern about the pattern coming... Just dry cold

Hoping the more extreme solutions dont verify or at least not til after the snow :p

Here comes the GFS. The SE Ridge shall return!
200.gif

Yup my biggest concern about the pattern coming... Just dry cold

Hoping the more extreme solutions dont verify or at least not til after the snow :p
great point brent... thats wht i like to see... get a nice snowpack then the artic air come in behind the system... we be set then bud for the next system

Trying to cut off so far on 00z GFS. hm we shall see.

edit: looks like no.

Earlier 18z run of the GFS showed just that. Finally a large storm system after the Arctic cold and it was gone and gave rain/storms.
Some of the biggest winter storms happen on the backside of a pattern change when the pattern lets up. That’s prime time

Year to date US temperature anomalies. Even the nice cold shot to end the year will hardly do anything to this epic torch which for the umpteenth year in a row has made its mark on the US. Like lol the average US temperature anomaly for the entire year is about 10 degrees above normal that's not supposed to happen... Not a single spot in the contiguous US is < 2F above normal and most are at least 10-15F above average. Natural variability alone can't explain crap like this which keeps showing up year in and year out of late...
DRYWGNBVQAI21vZ.jpg-large.jpg

Last edited:
Back