• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern December Discussion

eps mean next Monday , that my friends is not a warm look
dc97e23b212915e8f4b278c5a30519a4.jpg

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Re: December Discussion

NorthGaWinter link said:
Not one member With snow...
for your BY....

they don't count ice.this isn't a snow pattern , if anything it would a wintry mix . I've said for weeks and still believe this pattern favors northern LA , Arkansas , Tenn and CAD regions on NC. if I were in those areas I would be very excited about the possibilities next week. this isn't a pattern for your area or mine 

Ryan will be updating the model times to EST he said.

Storm5 link said:
[quote author=NorthGaWinter link=topic=2.msg1575#msg1575 date=1481575136]
for your BY....

they don't count ice.this isn't a snow pattern , if anything it would a wintry mix . I've said for weeks and still believe this pattern favors northern LA , Arkansas , Tenn and CAD regions on NC. if I were in those areas I would be very excited about the possibilities next week. this isn't a pattern for your area or mine 

[/quote]

I wouldn't entirely discount the CAD areas of Upstate SC - at any rate, the Memphis metro looks great

drfranklin link said:
[quote author=Storm5 link=topic=2.msg1576#msg1576 date=1481575306]
[quote author=NorthGaWinter link=topic=2.msg1575#msg1575 date=1481575136]
for your BY....

[/quote]

I wouldn't entirely discount the CAD areas of Upstate SC - at any rate, the Memphis metro looks great
[/quote]
Yeah any cad area really , I agree with you. problem is for anyone to see anything next week it's pretty much all timing and I'm not talking about possible precip behind front Sunday or Monday . I'm talking about the possible wave Tuesday into wednesday. how fast does the cold move out , when does the precip arrive. thw general questions for southern winter weather lol

Certainly think areas along &/or north & west of the Triad-Statesville-Gastonia and towards the blue ridge escarpment could see a light glazing of ice at the onset of the storm this Saturday before the in-situ CAD erodes...

since we all want a cold January , let's ignore the fact the PV is going to be getting its act together and consolidating towards the pole........

SD ruined my day

Storm5 link said:
since we all want a cold January , let's ignore the fact the PV is going to be getting its act together and consolidating towards the pole........

SD ruined my day

Sorry man I was just looking at it on the gfs and shaking my head

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

Storm5 link said:

SD ruined my day

Game over...LOL!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

whatalife link said:
[quote author=Storm5 link=topic=2.msg1582#msg1582 date=1481577130]

SD ruined my day

Game over...LOL!

[/quote]
Yeah, models are great this year! Be afraid

Tarheel1 link said:
[quote author=whatalife link=topic=2.msg1584#msg1584 date=1481577638]

SD ruined my day

Game over...LOL!

[/quote]
Yeah, models are great this year! Be afraid
[/quote]

LOL...Not afraid...It is what it is...

Storm5 link said:

SD ruined my day

"the PV being disturbed by warming in the stratosphere . With enough warming , the PV will split in half,  and hopefully send a lobe over to our side of the world"  Is what I read on other post.

accu35 link said:

SD ruined my day

"the PV being disturbed by warming in the stratosphere . With enough warming , the PV will split in half,  and hopefully send a lobe over to our side of the world"  Is what I read on other post.
[/quote]
lol that's what we hope for every winter. when we are depending on a split you know we are screwed . the ole SSW event. Is Judah Cohen even still publishing blogs ?

I'm gonna stick to the "models are not handling the cold correctly" cliche to make me feel better about the chances  ;D

Storm5 link said:

SD ruined my day

Yea 12z guidance is not a good look heading into late December. +AO/NAO/EPO. Troughs dumping out into Central US and Ridge off to the East.

12Z EPS at day 10
4286cc7b21e6fbd215dbd352b1cd4ee0.jpg

12Z GEFS day 10
d7a05b688f08791951478accee2fb11d.jpg

Day 12
ba609511b05b389c6796b636335406e2.jpg

Christmas
8e3aa18600039cfded3fdd52571e8470.jpg

Day 15 going towards New Years
d253a111f7de5e91ab25340afefcea6e.jpg

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

Back