• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern December Discussion

Wow, look at that temp gradient. 20 degrees different in just a few miles.

here comes the midweek system and it's extremely close for northern LA , Arkansas western tenn this run

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Bad vista maps saying too warm for that second possible system for the South. :(
Parts of Northern NC may want to pay attention though.  Close.

Starburst link said:
Bad vista maps saying too warm for that second possible system for the South. :(
Lots of 33 -34 temps across N and C NC - low 40's along I20...followed by quick warm up to 60's

Starburst link said:
all three globals have a system in that period. gonna depend on how fast the energy comes out vs cold air pulling away . also of note is the new cold push middle of next week.

no torch and not boring

Can't argue w/how active things are right now. It will be interesting to see what happens next week.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

whatalife link said:
Can't argue w/how active things are right now. It will be interesting to see what happens next week.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

All we can ask for is a chance. If the models are showing one, just have to see how it plays out.

Hey is there a Euro snow/ice image? Just want to kick the excitement up a notch.

accu35 link said:
Hey is there a Euro snow/ice image? Just want to kick the excitement up a notch.
Nothing worth posting - even the 10 day clown is pretty meh for the SE - Wait for the EPS members...then we can post some crazy fantasies :D

Supershow link said:
[quote author=accu35 link=topic=2.msg1559#msg1559 date=1481571089]
Nothing worth posting - even the 10 day clown is pretty meh for the SE - Wait for the EPS members...then we can post some crazy fantasies :D
[/quote]
if we could only roll forward the day 10 euro op. it would be fun

Storm5 link said:
[quote author=Supershow link=topic=2.msg1561#msg1561 date=1481571318]
[/quote]

[/quote]
We can..sort of..in the form of the EPS beginning  in about an hour
I looked at the GEFS Encembles but really couldn't find anything worth Geeking everyone up about

Supershow link said:
[quote author=Storm5 link=topic=2.msg1562#msg1562 date=1481572025]
[/quote]

[/quote]
I looked at the GEFS Encembles but really couldn't find anything worth Geeking everyone up about
[/quote]
the eps has already started ...... I meant literally the euro op run .

Storm5 link said:
[quote author=Supershow link=topic=2.msg1564#msg1564 date=1481572393]
[/quote]

[/quote]
[/quote]

[/quote]
Hmm. The EPS has started - WB says it starts at 3:45est...maybe that was before daylight saving time?
Let's not rush the DOC - he has another 12 hours before he crushes the Snow Weenies dreams ;D

Starburst link said:
Well NC was close to a scary event (depending on 850s) by hr 180.  Still a light event possible there from the run.

Yep just glancing over the run its probably .3 or so as freezing rain for the RDU area which would be quite the mess. With the surface winds pumping out of the north for the light precip not much chance of warming above freezing if the Euro verified.

Supershow link said:
[quote author=Storm5 link=topic=2.msg1565#msg1565 date=1481572556]
[quote author=Supershow link=topic=2.msg1564#msg1564 date=1481572393]
[/quote]

[/quote]
[/quote]

[/quote]
Hmm. The EPS has started - WB says it starts at 3:45est...maybe that was before daylight saving time?
Let's not rush the DOC - he has another 12 hours before he crushes the Snow Weenies dreams ;D
[/quote]
Yeah that's wrong , I wonder why they haven't changed it. it's currently out to day 6

I'll ask ryan about the timestamp later if i remember. just asked ryan.  i'll see if he can throw a script up to account for daylight savings etc.

Back